Stephen Pressley, now there was an ex-player to hate.

Kenny Miller was another, especially when he kissed the unwashed badge after scoring against us, but he was welcomed back a couple of years later.

Never say never. Oops!!! I just said it twice. :tongue:

I thought the Miller 'badge kiss' thing was a myth. I could swear he grabbed the badge but never kissed it. Not sure it sounds like a big difference but it might be important.

Aren't you contradicting yourself? Seems to me that either it's a job and we're customers or both are something a bit different...

No I'm not. You said being a 'footballer isn't a job in any normal sense of the word', I disagreed with that. Of course it's a job in every sense of the word. It's paid employment, it's their occupation, it's a task they carry out for an agreed amount of money. That's what a job is. On top of that footballers themselves see it as a job. There is no contradiction between it being a job for them and us being fans, the two aren't analogous. The fact many of us care far too much about some of the people doing that job doesn't stop it simply being a job to the person carrying it out.

Seeing as you agree we're fans, you should be able understand people being upset about former players making derogatory remarks...

Why do you think I don't understand that?

I've tried to move on from it, then something like this comes up. Abuse from idiots is a part of twitter for celebrities, if you can't just ignore it don't use it.

McCabe has further stabbed Rangers fans in the heart with that comment.

Is that what that pain was? I thought it was the Murgh Masala from last night.

Talk about melodramatic.