Zappa,I don't think it's right we lose any poster from gersnet,and I feel partly to blame for this as I was debating with him,but having said all that if he is leaving because of this it's a bit sad!,and if he says he will no longer support Rangers!,well I don't really know what to think of that?.

You weren't debating with him Ian, so don't worry about it. If someone can't debate their point here without throwing the dummy out of the pram, that's their problem, not ours. I'm just pissed off because I valued this guy's point of view and contributions to the forum even if we didn't agree on every single little thing.

You weren't debating with him Ian, so don't worry about it. If someone can't debate their point here without throwing the dummy out of the pram, that's their problem, not ours. I'm just pissed off because I valued this guy's point of view and contributions to the forum even if we didn't agree on every single little thing.

Well that rules me out.:D

We're at a hugely important cross roads in Scottish history with this awful SNP separatist thing.

Every available platform should be used to show what people think of it. I'd say the vast majority of Rangers fans don't want to be split for the UK for obvious reasons so why not sing about it.

If they were to go to George square and do it there's a chance they all get lifted or I to some sort of bother. At least at Ibrox is "controlled"

Good on them

The SNP infiltrated football and its fans with the offensive football behaviour bill. That alone gives the groups a reason to sing anti-snp/salmond songs. Not to mention the fact the UB are called the UNION Bears so I expect some pro-union anti-nationalism campaigning from them.

Any chance you can change your name please?

It always disappoints me when people want to abuse and insult fellow Rangers fans.

Fact is, TBO and UB do a fantastic job of maintaining the atmosphere at games. Nevertheless, despite being a member of TBO, there's some songs I don't sing and I certainly don't agree with the politics and opinions of every bear I know so, generally speaking, I'll also refrain from equating my politics (or religion for that matter) with my football team.

However, for some the opposite is true so in a society where we're supposed to have free speech it doesn't particularly bother me if other fans do want to sing about subjects I don't associate my team with. Whether it be songs against terrorism or against political parties who jail football fans for next to nothing, I won't be overly offended; I'll just wait until a more suitable song (for me) comes along.

This is why we also allow such subjects to be discussed on here. We may differ in opinion (do we agree with all our friends all of the time?) but surely we can respect that opinion with resorting to insults?

I had a forum member contact me last night telling me he's leaving the forum because of this bullshit. Tonight he tells me he's not Rangers fan any more. I've got to be honest and say that I think some of you really need to grow up. We're all different and we don't all agree on everything. None of us have the right to tell any other Bear what he should or shouldn't say, sing or do.

I'm tempted to close the thread because it's sickening me, but knock yourselves out.

Edited by chilledbear

Perhaps I should take a few minutes to clarify my points now that I realise that my initial tone was perhaps not in the best taste of Gersnet.

I'm at a computer now as opposed to my phone. I find it more difficult to convey my point of view whilst using a phone and perhaps that is one of the reasons why my views have came across as insulting, I'm more used to using forums where abuse is commonplace and where WUMMIN is the norm.

Anyway, I feel that my points are still valid and there still remains a few questions that haven't been answered.

1. How does singing about the IRA/UVF/YCV help the team?

2. When the team is drawing 0-0 with an amateur side, how does singing about shoving referendums up arses help the side?

Regarding point 1, throughout my time on the internet forums, Rangers have been thoroughly vilified for singing certain songs, the support in the recent past have made great strides in cleaning up the songsheet and well done to all. BUT... whenever there is a dropping in standards in respect to songs, whataboutery is often used as a defence.

"aye, but whatabout the Tims singing about the IRA"

Well, what about it? You can't moan about them singing pro-IRA songs, when you yourself are singing anti-IRA songs and pro-UVF songs. And what has these organisations got to do with Rangers FC? The answer is nothing, their is nothing to connect Rangers with terrorist groups.

Point 2. Politics at football grounds. I think my position is pretty clear here. The sporting arena should be no place for political views. Their will be pro-Independence Rangers fans, SNP voting Rangers fans and by singing songs which are "embarrassing" then you are isolating certain Rangers fans at what should be an enjoyable "escape" from normal life.

I look at the big English clubs and how their support have no stigma's attached to them. When you look at Man U, you can't say that their fans represent a certain type of person, same with 'Pool, Arsenal etc. The only club that I can think of is Spurs and even then, their Jewish roots are not even prevalent these days.

I want Rangers to be supported by anyone and everyone. For too long, we've been pigeon-holed by society in general and the media specifically. I found Bill McMurdo's blog a few weeks ago with the petition with the leading question being - "Us Protestant, Unionist & Loyalist (PU&L)" and I thought "how many Rangers fans are PU&L?" quite amusing. I recall a religion poll in the FF lounge where over 70% of fans polled that they were not Protestant (most folks were atheist/agnostic). I'd agree that more Rangers fans are Unionist. Unionist as in they see the benefit of the political Union on their own merits and not just because they are Rangers fans and "that's what we are". I know a few Loyalists, but they are OO members and few and far between.

Anyway, apologies to anyone upset by my ramblings. If Zappa wants to close my account then that's fine by me. If the site owner doesn't love me then I guess this isn't the place for me...

:violin: