No it's not and with any sense, the songs will disappear in a few years too.

I must've been going to support and watch another team for the last quarter of a century then, sorry but it is and always will be IMO. The old firm derby was the biggest in the world mainly due to religious hatred.

BF1 have made some great songs that are about the team only that should please you? but I don't see why the other related songs that been sung for decades especially ones that relate to the team and politics/religion/royal family/UK/NI should disappear because some fans don't like/want them sung. I would say the majority of fans are from a protestant background that support Rangers but I also know lots from other backgrounds or no religious choice support them also which is great.

I won't say any more as we're just going round in circles, I respect your choice for not singing/liking certain songs but I wouldn't want certain songs to disappear from Ibrox even if some do and will continue to sing them when I want at the games for years to come.

:)

That's the saddest thing I've read in this thread, away and have a look at yourself.

These guys put more time, effort and money into the club than most, that's a funny way of rebelling against the club.

Don't remember seeing many F#^k off Rangers banners in BF1, I think you will find they are rebelling against a Government and its Gestapo police force treating them like criminals for wanting to go to a football match.

Why should I go and have a look at myself? I think I'm right. It's my opinion.

Haha, Gestapo police force. Maybe of the some of the fans behaved themselves and never broke the law on a weekly basis they wouldn't be subject to over the top policing. Just an idea!

The club tells, infact pleads with fans not to sing certain songs yet said fans continue to do so. They're just harming the clubs reputation but they're to hyped up in all the "no one likes us we don't care" and we'll sing what we want attitude.

It's a two way street.

By the way, putting money and effort going to see Rangers doesn't make you a better fan than someone who can't make it to games. A totally irrelevant point.

Edited by Gazza_8

Haha, Gestapo police force. Maybe of the some of the fans behaved themselves and never broke the law on a weekly basis they wouldn't be subject to over the top policing. Just an idea!

So you admit there's over the top policing

Thanks

I must've been going to support and watch another team for the last quarter of a century then, sorry but it is and always will be IMO. The old firm derby was the biggest in the world mainly due to religious hatred.

And that's a quality? Religious hatred? Really? Anyone who thinks the OF derbyis the biggest on the world is kidding themselves on.

BF1 have made some great songs that are about the team only that should please you? but I don't see why the other related songs that been sung for decades especially ones that relate to the team and politics/religion/royal family/UK/NI should disappear because some fans don't like/want them sung. I would say the majority of fans are from a protestant background that support Rangers but I also know lots from other backgrounds or no religious choice support them also which is great.

How many times do I need to make this simple and concise point? ALL Rangers fans LOVE RANGERS songs. Not all Rangers fans find the religious chants/paramilitary songs/political songs an accetpable form of supporting the team. Such songs alienate parts of our support and divide the fans. WHY WOULD ANYONE WILLINGLY WANT TO DIVIDE THE SUPPORT?

I won't say any more as we're just going round in circles, I respect your choice for not singing/liking certain songs but I wouldn't want certain songs to disappear from Ibrox even if some do and will continue to sing them when I want at the games for years to come.

:)

That is, IMO, a very short-sighted view and I feel that you fail to see the big picture and how such songs and chants effect our image. I would say that I respect your choice too, but I don't as it'll effect how we are seen and how our own fans see ourselves. It's not acceptable to me and to more and more Rangers fans. The songs will be forced out. We have no choice if the club is to move on and be seen as been progressive, like the rest of British society.

Extremism is not a trait that I want to see attached to Scotland's best club.

And that's a quality? Religious hatred? Really? Anyone who thinks the OF derbyis the biggest on the world is kidding themselves on

True. I doubt whether fans of Liverpool, Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Lazio and Roma give a flying fuck about the OF derby. If only the OF games were known throughout the world for it's football and not for the fans. To be honest, in the last 4 or 5 years the atmosphere at the majority of OF games has been poor which is partly down to the pish the fans are watching on the pitch.

How many times do I need to make this simple and concise point? ALL Rangers fans LOVE RANGERS songs. Not all Rangers fans find the religious chants/paramilitary songs/political songs an accetpable form of supporting the team. Such songs alienate parts of our support and divide the fans. WHY WOULD ANYONE WILLINGLY WANT TO DIVIDE THE SUPPORT?

So should we bin any song that someone in the crowd doesn't like? So if someone doesn't like a particular song then it should not be sung? There's some Rangers related songs that I don't like. Should they be stopped as well?

Why does everyone have to agree on everything?

It seems that your attitude has divided the support as much as the songs that are being sung. Why would you willingly do that? :tongue:

You are always going to get stuff that people don't like. Why not live with it, instead of being offended?

Edited by Bluedell

The club tells, infact pleads with fans not to sing certain songs yet said fans continue to do so. They're just harming the clubs reputation but they're to hyped up in all the "no one likes us we don't care" and we'll sing what we want attitude.

It's a two way street.

By the way, putting money and effort going to see Rangers doesn't make you a better fan than someone who can't make it to games. A totally irrelevant point.

So your opinion is that BF1 are actively trying to do the club harm?