Ally in track suit

Erm...? Come again????

Not sure what you don't understand - or should I write it again with caps lock on for the hard of hearing? :-)

To clarify, Struth was manager between 1920 and 1956. I believe that in those days most men wore suits at the weekend including at football matches. Using him as an example therefore means you have to include the slipping standards of the fans.

Jesus, Struth was in a totally different time zone as we now live. Should we still be playing with a leather ball with laces in it? If you apply for a Job you are allowed to type these days and not hand write. You can go to funerals and weddings in jeans and a shirt. Welcome to the 21 century guys.

On official business,I agree with a blazer and tie but sitting in the dugout, I can't for the life of me see why wearing a track suit is lowering standards.

During Struth's time I am sure most of the crowd wore suits - is it time to have a go at the fans for slipping standards? And surely YOU don't let the side down and are suitably attired if you attend?

The manager is employed by the club and is officially representing the club. The crowd aren't.

But you knew that....

I don't see what the big deal is. Like Gribz says, as long as he wears a suit before and after the game then I don't see what the problem is. As for people calling for him to be dismissed, c',mon, it's only his attire during a game of football. He should be given the boot for his terrible tactics and team selections though.

That's a nonsense post, he is Rangers manger and should act like one, he does his coaching (no laughing at the back) during the week, on Saturday he represents the club. Instead we get him looking like the wee scumbag from beyond the pale.

I can't believe you're calling our manager a wee scumbag. ;)