Ally in track suit

He wants show they are in this together. :confused:

Why does wearing a track suit do that?

Don't know. Also don't get why wearing a suit doesn't show that.

It's a strange explanation. I would think that he would want to stand apart to show that he is the one in charge. By being just one of the team it's as if he's giving away some of his authority.

Don't know. Also don't get why wearing a suit doesn't show that.

It's a strange explanation. I would think that he would want to stand apart to show that he is the one in charge. By being just one of the team it's as if he's giving away some of his authority.

Ally's main problem imo, he still wants to be one of the boys.

I think the reason for the tracksuit is pretty simple.

Ally is/was feeling the pressure and possibly felt getting back to basics (i.e. the appearance of rolling up his sleeves) would show how seriously he is/was taking our bad form.

I can see why some fans would be annoyed at that but it's a not a big deal to me. More important is the performance of our team and that's where I'll judge the manager - not by his choice of clothing.

He obviously just feels more comfortabl wearing a tracksuit, I can understand that. I am not particularly comfortable with shirt and tie when I wear it and always cant wait to get back into casual clothing. I was the same at school, uncomfy shoes and a shirt and tie used to bug me.

ALLY McCOIST has revealed his reasons for hanging his suit up during matches – and admits he’ll be donning a tracksuit on the touchline for the foreseeable future.

The Rangers manager broke from tradition for the recent Third Division meeting with Queen’s Park by wearing training gear in the technical area.

It was the first time since he had become manager of the Light Blues that he hadn’t worn his club suit whilst in the dug-out.

And it was a break from the norm as past managers Walter Smith, Paul Le Guen, Alex McLeish and Dick Advocaat all made a habit of sporting theirs as they watched their teams.

After Gers earned a 2-0 win against the Spiders, McCoist retained his new matchday outfit for the trip to Clyde on Sunday and saw his men succeed by the same scoreline.

Changing his attire has been a hot discussion point for many supporters, with some insisting he should always be dressed smartly and others insisting he can wear what he likes.

Now McCoist has had his say and explained his reasons for carrying on with what he has worn lately.

He joked: “It’s quite a simple explanation: it lets the boys know that it’s easier for me to get into a str ip from the side of the park if they’re not pulling their weight.

“It’s maybe a bit of a veiled threat to the team more than anything. I want them to see we need to have our sleeves rolled up.

“That’s exactly what it is. I’m trying to show the players that we’re all in this together and that we need to get on with business.

“I turn up at grounds in the suit and leave in the suit but I just decided to put the working gear on in between.”

Asked if he’ll continue to opt for his tracksuit during game time both tonight against Inverness and in the weeks ahead, McCoist added: “I certainly will.”

I suppose we needed a negative thread to take away from the POSITIVE fact we brought an end to our away day hoodoo..

It seems some people not only want to pick the transfers, chose the tactics & pick the team but now they want to chose what the manager wears?

*sigh*