Clement Brands Rangers "Stepping Stone To Bigger Things"

I think at the very most he will only stay for 3 years, unfortunately.

He does have the potential to go onto bigger and better things, and im sure a few other players are probably thinking what he has come out and said.

But like others have mentioned, its hardly surprising and as long as he continues to play well for us and makes us a little profit then i dont see a problem.

Oh and the second scottish team to qualify from the CL group stages. Big wowees:sleep: :sleep:

Don't you know it's a historic occasion (or for those who don't speak English properly, "an [h]istoric ocassion.")

They are the first Scottish team to qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League with the new rules which changed in the summer...

They are also saying they're historically the first Scottish club to qualify with one game to go... a bit pathetic but then we're no better, in fact we're worse as we insulted our own team of 92/93.

They are historically the first Scottish team to qualify with more than 7 points.

They may historically be the first Scottish team to qualify while losing all their away games...

The permutations are endless, but then, we started it - "we're historically the first Scottish team to get to the last 16 of the European cup SINCE it changed to the Champions League AFTER the first of MANY times they fiddled with the format..." :sleep:

Basically we were the first Scottish team to get to the last 16 in the Champions Cup SINCE we already did it in 93... and a few times before that.

It'll be interesting if they get to the quarter finals, whether all the bears who go on about how historic it is for us getting to the last 16 will change their mind and include Walter's class 92/93 to be the first Scottish team to the last 8 in the CL. I would put money on it...

Isn't it great being in a time where all this history being made... :rolleyes:

Not surprised by the comments but maybe someone should tell Clement that only Gattuso and Van Bronckhorst have went onto better things after leaving Rangers.

I'm sure someone did the other week ;) But, no-one can really be surprised, he's a young guy, highly rated who isn't going to want to spend his career in the SPL!

I dont see any problem with his comments. He said the league was pish and didnt mention anything about a 'Bigger club'. Where do some of our fans get off expecting a foreign player to be ultra loyal to us? He didn't grow up dreaming of wearing our shirt. I respect his honesty, as long as he doesnt do a Boumsong on us and see's out his deal then thats good enough to me.

It seems to me that since Clement is back in the team we are seeing a rejuvinated Barry Ferguson. He gives Barry the support he has been missing for years.

I have no problem that the guy has ambitions in fact i would find it strange if he didn't. His ambitions can only be good for Rangers while he is here.

I think the point is that if you sign for a biggish club on a biggish wage, you may want to move on to bigger things, but right now it is insulting to say so especially in the international press and also presumptuous before you've even proved you are anything special at your present club.

Imagine you had a friend, partner, business partner who said they were only using you as a stepping stone to bigger things...

There is being honest and there is being tactless and insulting.

I think all the players in our squad should be concentrating on getting their fingers out and being a success at Rangers before thinking about moving on.

We are 13 points behind Celtic, out of the CIS cup to St Johnstone and most of them look like their next step is the French second division.

So not only are players saying that kind of stuff sound insulting, at the moment they also look like pretentious, arrogant twats.

the quote reads like a poor translation. sounds like it has been filtered through the sensationalised interpretation of the media.

I realise this and my reply is aimed at any player who really comes out with and means this rubbish and is more an argument against its justification.

I realise this and my reply is aimed at any player who really comes out with and means this rubbish and is more an argument against its justification.

oh, i agree. its simply poor form to say it, even if you privately consider it.