Steven Naismith: Leaving Rangers hardest part of my career

"However, he doesn’t know if he will ever be able to walk through the front door at Ibrox again after leaving the club in the summer."

The answer is quite simple Steven - you will never be able to walk through the front door again. Do you want to know why Steven? Like so many other supporters, we were living our lives vicariously through you. A good Ayrshire bluenose from Stewarton, living the dream of playing for Rangers. All it would have taken was transferring across and obtaining a (vastly reduced) transfer fee for the club when it was at it's lowest ebb. No one supporter would have blamed you for wanting to play at a much higher level, we all understand that, but you chose to leave us for 30 pieces of silver exclusively for your own benefit. That's why Steven, we will never forgive you for the ultimate betrayal and why you will never, ever be welcome to enter Ibrox again.

"However, he doesn’t know if he will ever be able to walk through the front door at Ibrox again after leaving the club in the summer."

The answer is quite simple Steven - you will never be able to walk through the front door again. Do you want to know why Steven? Like so many other supporters, we were living our lives vicariously through you. A good Ayrshire bluenose from Stewarton, living the dream of playing for Rangers. All it would have taken was transferring across and obtaining a (vastly reduced) transfer fee for the club when it was at it's lowest ebb. No one supporter would have blamed you for wanting to play at a much higher level, we all understand that, but you chose to leave us for 30 pieces of silver exclusively for your own benefit. That's why Steven, we will never forgive you for the ultimate betrayal and why you will never, ever be welcome to enter Ibrox again.

Even though thats a strong post Im inclined to agree. Yet not sure about the not forgiving part. I could probably forgive people as I dont like holding animosity but doesnt mean to say they will ever be welcome back to the club. Plus with Hindsight they are missing out on a tremendous journey and story that will go down in history.

The longer we move forward and stronger we get I feel more ex players like this are going to regret. They will have to accept they jumped ship and left us in the lurch of starting a season with a bare squad when they could have helped us get a transfer fee to assist in buying players. As Davie has mentioned, its not the career advancement that has bothered fans. Charles Green always said he wouldnt stand in the way of players moving on once they transferred their contracts over.

How good will it feel for the likes of McCulloch when we eventually get back to the top and lift silverware, that will be the ultimate satisfaction for a player, working their way from bottom to top. Its at that moment ex players may think "I wish I was part of that".....And of course when the Champions League theme is blasting through at Ibrox again the people who can feel proudness are the players and staff who have contributed to this journey and of course the fantastic supporters who are doing the club and themselves proud.

Edited by Gribz

Never forgive, never forget, ya wee prick.

We looked after you when you ruined your knee twice, and what did you do first chance you had you ran away then had the brass neck to tell us its not the same Rangers they are gone.

Never darken our door again.

Its not the fact that he left that bothers me, it is the way he left.

From the cringe worthy press conference to the fact if he transferred over would have got a decent fee.

definitely.....ran away 1st opportunity, then now states that he thought he would end his career @ Ibrox. If that's true, why leave in the 1st place???