they really do not have an ounce of shame

A nice gesture. Why we having a go at them for this?

If Celtic are so concerned about the goings on in a hospital they have no links with in a city they have no connection to in a country they pretty much despise, you have to ask yourself; why? Their motivation is not the welfare of the children, but rather their own self-promotion and using an occasion like this to do it is pretty low.

20 stolen presents; what's that? £2k tops. As I said, cheap advertising. Cheap in all senses of the word.

I've been having this debate at work. Is any good deed completely altruistic? Probably not. Surely as long as the recipient of the gesture is happy that is all that matters? I actually tweeted their tweet about it. First & last time but a good deed is a good deed.

Or are we suggesting the trip to Yorkhill the other week is PR only and it doesn't matter if the kids enjoyed/benefitted?

Our offer to donate our share of the Dundee Hibs gate money to charity is a great gesture but there is also a bit of a PR stunt behind it , I don't see us doing that being any different to what celtic have offered here, like you rightfully said "a good deed is a good deed"

If Celtic are so concerned about the goings on in a hospital they have no links with in a city they have no connection to in a country they pretty much despise, you have to ask yourself; why? Their motivation is not the welfare of the children, but rather their own self-promotion and using an occasion like this to do it is pretty low.

20 stolen presents; what's that? £2k tops. As I said, cheap advertising. Cheap in all senses of the word.

Does it really matter what motivation is behind it , all that matters is the kids will not miss out ... surely ?

Why would Celtic despise England? Their fans, yes but not the club.

I think there are 2 issues here:

They have indulged in a PR exercise (they have always shouted about their charity from the rooftops while we go about our's quietly until CG's last coup with the Dundee Hibernians, which is OK).

If any of my kids were in that hospital I wouldn't give a monkeys feck who donated. I live to see my kids smile and I would be eternally grateful for all donations.

Our offer to donate our share of the Dundee Hibs gate money to charity is a great gesture but there is also a bit of a PR stunt behind it , I don't see us doing that being any different to what celtic have offered here, like you rightfully said "a good deed is a good deed"

There's a huge difference. Our decision to give that money to a charity was a tactical move to cut the legs from under Dutd and/or the SFA.

The charity was a political device. We were not giving this money to charity in order to prostitute ourselves before the court of public opinion. We were not, unlike celtic, running round the country looking for the cheapest way of getting the most fawning attention for the least actual involvement.

The charity we gave money to was the innocent benefactor of political machinations. In fact, so detached are we from the charity, I doubt whether 50% of Bears had a) heard about the charity or b) could name it. I think it was Erskine, bur i wouldn't bet the house on it.

Celtics 'gift' to the GOS hospital was the result of a premeditated intervention, the sole and entire purpose of which was to promote Celtic football club. that sick kids benefited from this was an added bonus for CFC - not a motivating factor.

I think there are 2 issues here:

They have indulged in a PR exercise (they have always shouted about their charity from the rooftops while we go about our's quietly until CG's last coup with the Dundee Hibernians, which is OK).

If any of my kids were in that hospital I wouldn't give a monkeys feck who donated. I live to see my kids smile and I would be eternally grateful for all donations.

Really, Anchorman? You wouldn't care? All that matters is the shiny toy that makes you kid smile? Doesn't matter where it came from or who provided it? Take the most toxic brand you can think of today; Starbucks, Amazon, Israel, Al Quaeda - if the toy was supplied by any of those, wouldn't you 'give a feck'?

There's a huge difference. Our decision to give that money to a charity was a tactical move to cut the legs from under Dutd and/or the SFA.

The charity was a political device. We were not giving this money to charity in order to prostitute ourselves before the court of public opinion. We were not, unlike celtic, running round the country looking for the cheapest way of getting the most fawning attention for the least actual involvement.

The charity we gave money to was the innocent benefactor of political machinations. In fact, so detached are we from the charity, I doubt whether 50% of Bears had a) heard about the charity or b) could name it. I think it was Erskine, bur i wouldn't bet the house on it.

Celtics 'gift' to the GOS hospital was the result of a premeditated intervention, the sole and entire purpose of which was to promote Celtic football club. that sick kids benefited from this was an added bonus for CFC - not a motivating factor.

Mate I know what your saying and I agree it was a 'premeditated intervention' to promote their rancid club, and maybe I was wrong to say their 'good deed' was no different to ours.

To be honest its xmas and I really couldn't give a fuck what motivated Celtics small donation, I'm just happy to see the sick kids not miss out on their gift.

So, all the pictures in the paper in the past week of both Rangers & Celtic players visiting sick kids is purely a PR Stunt??? While I don't doubt that there is a fairly large element of PR involved (hence why the photographers were there), I also believe that it is probably something that the players (as privileged as they are) are quite happy to do. If they are happy to help local sick kids, I don't see whats wrong with wanting to help other sick kids at a well known hospital.

What if Rangers had done it??? Would your views be the same, or would it have been a wonderful gesture???

Celtic give to hospital in a city in another country which has no connections whatsoever other than it's where that countries FA Headquarters are.

I could understand this random gesture if it was Dublin or Barcelona etc.

This random gesture immediately finds itself reported on the front page of a well known Scottish Rhag, and nowhere else.

It was listed among many others on page somewhere in a few other papers however, such is any relevance.

I treat everything which comes out of that place only due to it's incessant "look at us, aren't we always nice". Especially as we all know what a vile club they are along with most of their fans.