they really do not have an ounce of shame

"Celtic offer to replace Christmas gifts for sick kids stolen from Great Ormond Street hospital "

Sure, it was a nasty thing to do, stealing 20 x-mas presents destined for sick kids - but to use this event (a crime committed , not in their own city or even in their own country) to try to get some (extremely!) cheap publicity for themselves, Celtic have sunk to an all time low of slimy bandwagon-jumping..

If they were that concerned about kids christmases, there are a thousand more deserving but lower profile things they could have done closer to home.

Why would a Scottish team with Irish roots suddenly jump in (with a blaze of PR) to help England's more famous children's hospital? Oh, wait...I think I've answered that myself.

Utterly, utterly boak inducing!

The OP is questioning the motivation behind it, me personally I couldn't give a flying fuck if its a PR stunt or not, I'm just happy to see the gifts will be replaced and the kids wont miss out.

I've been having this debate at work. Is any good deed completely altruistic? Probably not. Surely as long as the recipient of the gesture is happy that is all that matters? I actually tweeted their tweet about it. First & last time but a good deed is a good deed.

Or are we suggesting the trip to Yorkhill the other week is PR only and it doesn't matter if the kids enjoyed/benefitted?