they really do not have an ounce of shame

All that matters is the shiny toy that makes you kid smile? Doesn't matter where it came from or who provided it? Take the most toxic brand you can think of today; Starbucks, Amazon, Israel, Al Quaeda - if the toy was supplied by any of those, wouldn't you 'give a feck'?

If it was your kid in that situation, who was handed a Starbucks coffee, a Kindle Fire HD and some Falafel by Neil Lemmon.....would you refuse it, knowing that your sick kid would be heartbroken????

So, all the pictures in the paper in the past week of both Rangers & Celtic players visiting sick kids is purely a PR Stunt??? While I don't doubt that there is a fairly large element of PR involved (hence why the photographers were there), I also believe that it is probably something that the players (as privileged as they are) are quite happy to do. If they are happy to help local sick kids, I don't see whats wrong with wanting to help other sick kids at a well known hospital.

What if Rangers had done it??? Would your views be the same, or would it have been a wonderful gesture???

If WE had done the same thing, I would certainly wonder why it was done at a London Hospital and how it managed to find it's way on to the front page of the Daily Rhebel simultaneously.

If WE had done the same thing, I would certainly wonder why it was done at a London Hospital and how it managed to find it's way on to the front page of the Daily Rhebel simultaneously.

but I bet you'd view it in a considerably more positive light, but because THEY do it, its shameful.

Really, Anchorman? You wouldn't care? All that matters is the shiny toy that makes you kid smile? Doesn't matter where it came from or who provided it? Take the most toxic brand you can think of today; Starbucks, Amazon, Israel, Al Quaeda - if the toy was supplied by any of those, wouldn't you 'give a feck'?

People are inward looking in general, they consider what is "good" for them. So I would hazard a guess that MOST of us would simply be thankful that someone had donated.

This looks not just petty, but disturbing that you are comparing Celtic to Al Queda ? That is cringeworthy. I know you arent specifically comparing them to Al Queda but to suggest that Celtic are "toxic" is, for me at least, over the top.

Yes, they gained cheap PR. Big deal. We gain cheap PR too in certain ways. And yes we also do it at times just for that very same purpose. Again, big deal.

This is just my own opinion so dont get upset by this comment - but I actually find this thread very saddening.

These sick kids, many of them terminally ill, have gained gifts that some cretin had stolen. It will make their Christmas happy again. And that, to me, is THE story. Not who donated the gifts or the motivation behind it.

This thread makes us look just like the most rabid Tim IMO. We are far, far better than that.

It's an odd thread this one.

Every year at this time Celtic write a direct letter to businesses who deal with them or have some other connection to them, requesting a donation which they then use to support families in the East End of Glasgow at Christmas. They claim the families they support are highlighted to them by a local Church of Scotland and a Roman Catholic church and that the families don't know where the 'support' comes from as it is given through the relevant churches. For what it's worth I believe this is true. I don't believe they get much if any publicity for this.

None of this makes me want Celtic to lose any less, nor does it change my views on certain people involved with them. However, some of them, indeed I'd venture possibly most of them, are fairly normal, well adjusted members of society, just with a terrible taste in football club.

If they helped Great Ormond Street then I applaud them, if they got acres of fawning publicity for it that's just the world we live in. Whether it was their motivation or not shouldn't take away from the gesture though.

A lot of corporate charitable work or donation is done with an ulterior motive, either positive PR, tax efficiency or cock-measuring ego maintenance. Indeed charities realised a long time ago that by giving someone a sticker if they put a coin in a collecting jar was a very effective way of raising money. Celtic got a very big sticker and made sure everyone saw it.

There are lots of reasons to hate Celtic, this isn't one of them.

Look if you are the parent of an extremely sick child, your world becomes pretty bloody small very very fast. Sometimes just the gesture that someone out there wants to bring an ounce of joy to a joyless, desperate time in your life is all you need so no, people won't always question motives etc because in their world, in the grand scheme of things what matters? The child & them getting better, with a wee smile on their face.

*puts cynical hat back on now*

People are inward looking in general, they consider what is "good" for them. So I would hazard a guess that MOST of us would simply be thankful that someone had donated.

This looks not just petty, but disturbing that you are comparing Celtic to Al Queda ? That is cringeworthy. I know you arent specifically comparing them to Al Queda but to suggest that Celtic are "toxic" is, for me at least, over the top.

Yes, they gained cheap PR. Big deal. We gain cheap PR too in certain ways. And yes we also do it at times just for that very same purpose. Again, big deal.

This is just my own opinion so dont get upset by this comment - but I actually find this thread very saddening.

These sick kids, many of them terminally ill, have gained gifts that some cretin had stolen. It will make their Christmas happy again. And that, to me, is THE story. Not who donated the gifts or the motivation behind it.

This thread makes us look just like the most rabid Tim IMO. We are far, far better than that.

I agree with all that you say except the bit in bold ... Celtic are toxic , a rancid horrible club :disgusted:

who is arguing celtic are not toxic? hahahaha :facepalm: are you serious? they are the most corrupt, rancid and disgusting football club on this planet. there is no trick they wont pull to make themselves successful and hurt others. they have single handedly destroyed the game in this country, maybe not the club directly, but the celtic minded bigots who run this country and the game within it. they are poison. and i havnt even mentioned child abuse or terrorist sympathising.

anyone who cant see this stunt as simply that, a pr stunt, is a deluded. a desperate "look at us" "the goodies". i reckon it stems from a guilty conscience.

Edited by kuznetsov