8 Arrested at Ibrox

Guest DavieBlue

Pushing who? They make a complaint, their 13 year old son gives a statement to police. The police then investigate it and if there's enough evidence they (the Police) will charge someone.

You're just being pedantic. Clearly you know he is saying the family will continue however they can to get this resolved as they believe their child to be a victim.

Of course they CAN be, but last I checked a) breaking bones isn't reasonable force, b) any means necessary isn't a police policy and c) not all kids are little shits either, but this country does tend to verge on demonisation.

Yes it is.

Is there some new policy in place though? I hate to say it as I hate them but the GB have been complaining of heavy handedness recently too.

No. The GB are complaining. They don't like being searched, watched and recorded either.

Members of the public don't press criminal charges against anyone. I wouldn't put it passed this "young lad" to have been at the centre of the disturbance.

Wow, that is quite the assumption, even for you Gav.

Wow, that is quite the assumption, even for you Gav.

I was 6 feet tall when I was 13 so I doubt the polis stop and ask for ID cards (yet) before taking action.

Obviously, I'm by no means condoning anyone getting hurt as a result of heavy-handed policing but some things aren't as simple as they seem.

Anyway, I think Gav should show the Gersnet ladies his truncheon,,, :whistle:

6 feet tall and 4 feet wide ? :fish:

Yes it is.

No. The GB are complaining. They don't like being searched, watched and recorded either.

Well I think it is abhorrent. Broken bones is not reasonable. A bruise maybe, but physically breaking someone's bones is not. It can create huge issues later on in life.

I wouldn't like being recorded, searched or my details taken either in fairness (yes I know, CCTV hunners of times a day), if I was just minding my own business. However, I'm aware how much trouble they can be so I'm not suggesting there isn't cause.

You're just being pedantic. Clearly you know he is saying the family will continue however they can to get this resolved as they believe their child to be a victim.

I'm not at all. I'm telling you the correct procedure. There's nothing I hate more when at work and someone says to me "I'm going to charge him" or "I want him charged". It's not up to that person.

I'm not at all. I'm telling you the correct procedure. There's nothing I hate more when at work and someone says to me "I'm going to charge him" or "I want him charged". It's not up to that person.

Saying 'I want someone charged' is fine (if we're being pedantic ;) ). It's expressing a wish to see the law applied against someone you believe to be the perpetrator of a crime.

Quite often I would say it's more the manner said, then a statement of fact. It's a wish to proceed, to see our justice in full force, rather than a demand.

Well I think it is abhorrent. Broken bones is not reasonable. A bruise maybe, but physically breaking someone's bones is not. It can create huge issues later on in life.

It goes back to that scenario earlier. Someone comes at me with a knife but I baton them this time to the arm breaking it in the process. They drop the knife and I arrest the person. I've successfully arrested an armed person and given him the jail. There is no way I'd be disciplined for that. We're allowed to baton someone on the head if we can justify it. There's 3 different areas on the human body. A green area (low risk), orange area (medium risk) and red area (high risk). Green being arms and legs, orange being the body and red being the head. Breaking someones arm or leg isn't that serious if the cop is at risk.