8 Arrested at Ibrox

Guest DavieBlue

Members of the public don't press criminal charges against anyone. I wouldn't put it passed this "young lad" to have been at the centre of the disturbance.

You talk about the UB's statement being embarrassing? That attitude is far worse than a simple slogan at the end of a statement.

You are making assumptions without any knowledge about the boy and it's frightening that you as a policeman jump to the conclusion that he was probably a major troublemaker.

Members of the public don't press criminal charges against anyone..

Ok then I should have said the lads parents will be reporting the assault and pushing for the bully boy officer to be charged .

I wouldn't put it passed this "young lad" to have been at the centre of the disturbance

Aye because the cops would never lash out at innocent bystanders . :facepalm:

Even if the boy was at "the center of the disturbance" which I doubt, do you honestly think that growing men hitting 13 year old kids with batons is acceptable ?

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

Members of the public don't press criminal charges against anyone. I wouldn't put it passed this "young lad" to have been at the centre of the disturbance.

He's 13 years old. On what planet is it acceptable for a 13 year old child to sustain broken bones during contact with police? I always try to be fair when it comes to the police, I've had good responses & bad responses from them in the past (in fact this week I had contact with police and they were excellent) but I cannot defend a CHILD having bones broken and people thinking this is acceptable. Even if he was 'in the middle', breaking someone's fingers is NOT reasonable use of force.

I was 6 feet tall when I was 13 so I doubt the polis stop and ask for ID cards (yet) before taking action.

Obviously, I'm by no means condoning anyone getting hurt as a result of heavy-handed policing but some things aren't as simple as they seem.

Anyway, I think Gav should show the Gersnet ladies his truncheon,,, :whistle:

You talk about the UB's statement being embarrassing? That attitude is far worse than a simple slogan at the end of a statement.

You are making assumptions without any knowledge about the boy and it's frightening that you as a policeman jump to the conclusion that he was probably a major troublemaker.

That's my own personal view, nothing to do with my job.

I was 6 feet tall when I was 13 so I doubt the polis stop and ask for ID cards (yet) before taking action.

Obviously, I'm by no means condoning anyone getting hurt as a result of heavy-handed policing but some things aren't as simple as they seem.

Fair enough but they shouldn't be making assumptions.

As for the truncheon thing, I'll pass thanks, but as it was your idea, feel free to take my place ;)

He's 13 years old. On what planet is it acceptable for a 13 year old child to sustain broken bones during contact with police? I always try to be fair when it comes to the police, I've had good responses & bad responses from them in the past (in fact this week I had contact with police and they were excellent) but I cannot defend a CHILD having bones broken and people thinking this is acceptable. Even if he was 'in the middle', breaking someone's fingers is NOT reasonable use of force.

You'd be surprised. I dealt with a pished 9 year old female on Saturday night at work. I've also dealt with an 11 year old after he stabbed Joe Public. Then there's the 13 year old who raped an older woman. Age doesn't mean a lot. Juveniles can be the victim and offender. Teenagers these days are getting bigger and bigger (tall and fat). A 13 year old could look like a 16/17 or 18 year old.

Edited by Gazza_8

Ok then I should have said the lads parents will be reporting the assault and pushing for the bully boy officer to be charged .

Pushing who? They make a complaint, their 13 year old son gives a statement to police. The police then investigate it and if there's enough evidence they (the Police) will charge someone.

You'd be surprised. I dealt with a pished 9 year old female on Saturday night at work. I've also dealt with an 11 year old after he stabbed Joe Public. Then there's the 13 year old who raped an older woman. Age doesn't mean a lot. Juveniles can be the victim and offender.

Of course they CAN be, but last I checked a) breaking bones isn't reasonable force, b) any means necessary isn't a police policy and c) not all kids are little shits either, but this country does tend to verge on demonisation.

Is there some new policy in place though? I hate to say it as I hate them but the GB have been complaining of heavy handedness recently too.

It's needing shined up!