Naming Rights Deal Close

But you cant look at the 3 million number as a "eye-catching number". The real number is the differential between Parkhead and CP. Currently the difference in capacity is 9,273 and at 30 quid a pop that is about 275k additional ticket money per full house.

They would get us twice a year, say 3 if you include an annual cup game - so their extra revenue would be approximately 1 million if you factor in merchandising at about 33% of ticket sales, which I think is generous. Euro nights, sure, they would also get those, so normally another 1 million (3 CL games) - but this is also dependent, obviously, on them making the CL. Now, lets not forget that this is REVENUE which wont equate to profit, there would be additional expenses of having more seating.

I am not disputing that we could be doing with the largest ground in the country but, right now, it isnt one which necessarily makes financial sense in terms of what profits it would bring. As Zappa said, to build an extension would probably cost upwards of 20 million - so you are looking at potentially 20 years worth of the additional revenue to pay for it... and longer if you look at profits.

We also must remember that when we were in the SPL the ONLY time we filled Ibrox was for OF & Euro games - it wasnt needed to have a larger stadium more than 5 times a season. We are filling the ground in part due to the ST prices being lower, part due to the novelty of seeing the journey back to the top and, probably, partly due to defiance :P

I also wonder how much additional expense CFC currently have in terms of policing, stewarding etc given the green seat brigade are in serious attendance ?

I would love us to have the largest stadium in the country, but I dont necessarily see it right now as being a financially astute move. But..... if we had owners with a real long-term perspective then it should be looked at - but as we know CG is only looking at retirement in a few years so does he really have a true long term perspective ?

or look at it like this. since they rebuilt, they averaged 58000 for about 12 years whilst we averaged around 48000. how much is that over 12 years? £72m!!! and that is before either of us kick a ball in europe.

we dont know what it would cost so its best not to specualte. £20m seems ridiculous craig. the stadium and its capacity will be there for at least 100 years, well worth any investment made in it.

we couldnt fill it in recent years because tickets were far too expensive, the club was being kicked from pillar to post every day and fans sort of fell out with the club and its owner for a while, not to mention the atrocious football that we were asking fans to pay £500 per year to come and watch. it just wasnt worth it. football is an entertainment afterall and fans want to enjoy their day out at the football. watching rangers in recent years has been a heavy chore, real hard work.

we are filling it now because tickets are so cheap and fans want to put up a nice wee show to the country that we dont do walking away, they soon will.

I'll tell you what though... If Charles Green and our mysterious new owners were willing to fire the whole £20m from the IPO into a stadium expansion and refurbishment plan I think that would be a VERY interesting and welcome concept! Something tells me that they wouldn't want to spend all of that cash on the long term future of the club though which ties in with Craig's question about long term perspective.

always a dig at green somewhere along the line with you! :P:D

always a dig at green somewhere along the line with you! :P:D

I'm only calling it as I honestly see it though! Do any of us really think Green & the other new owners would be willing to chuck (no pun intended) that £20m of IPO cash into a stadium expansion and refurb project?? I think not!

I'm only calling it as I honestly see it though! Do any of us really think Green & the other new owners would be willing to chuck (no pun intended) that £20m of IPO cash into a stadium expansion and refurb project?? I think not!

not a chance in hell mate. can it be injected into our clubs bank account to bump up their end of year dividends?

Read the prospectus Zappa, £5.5m of the IPO cash was for stadium refurb, £4.5m on land purchases to increase revenues and a potential additional £3.5m for refurbs in future years.

They may not be expanding capacity, but they have promised to spend the money on long-term revenue generating assets.

Surely spending the whole lot on one project would not be good business?

I would love us to have the largest stadium in the country, but I dont necessarily see it right now as being a financially astute move. But..... if we had owners with a real long-term perspective then it should be looked at - but as we know CG is only looking at retirement in a few years so does he really have a true long term perspective ?

Unless you don't believe him when he says his retirement is going to be at 70 then it's 10 or 11 years away.

But Green is just the CEO at the end of the day and one of many shareholders, when he leaves someone else will take up that role and no doubt he'll be involved in deciding the successor. So I'd think there's plenty of long term perspective.

Unless you don't believe him when he says his retirement is going to be at 70 then it's 10 or 11 years away.

But Green is just the CEO at the end of the day and one of many shareholders, when he leaves someone else will take up that role and no doubt he'll be involved in deciding the successor. So I'd think there's plenty of long term perspective.

I wouldnt consider 10 years a long term perspective.

Read the prospectus Zappa, £5.5m of the IPO cash was for stadium refurb, £4.5m on land purchases to increase revenues and a potential additional £3.5m for refurbs in future years.

They may not be expanding capacity, but they have promised to spend the money on long-term revenue generating assets.

I've read it, but I'd have to go and pull up the document again to verify those figures. If they're correct, then that lot adds up to £13.5m which wouldn't leave enough for Ally's £10m transfer kitty that Green's spoken about and that's before the other uses for the cash outlined in the IPO are taken into consideration.