Naming Rights Deal Close

We might need it, but who is going to pay for it. Another debenture scheme ala club deck, another share issue? Ground expansion doesn't come cheap, and we'll be waiting a long time for any of our so called investors coughing up enough for a project like that. Besides, we would only fill it against them, and we are light years away from CL football. More bluster from chucky again im afraid, and I'm shocked I've disagreed with you kuz, twice in 10 minutes.

Someone already pointed out that most of the "missing" 9k ex book holders are probably paying at the gate now.

Sarcasm again mate? ;)

i am very passionate about this subject dude, i hate having a smaller stadium than them, absolutely hate it. i blame murray of course for lacking ambition and admire fergus mccann in a perverse way for showing ambition.

Misunderstood your post a little, sorry about that. It is a shame we have the smaller stadium compared to the piggery but I don't really see the point (other than wanting to outrun Septic on this) to increase capacity if we can't fill it every other weekend or maybe just on some CL occasions.

We might need it, but who is going to pay for it. Another debenture scheme ala club deck, another share issue? Ground expansion doesn't come cheap, and we'll be waiting a long time for any of our so called investors coughing up enough for a project like that. Besides, we would only fill it against them, and we are light years away from CL football. More bluster from chucky again im afraid, and I'm shocked I've disagreed with you kuz, twice in 10 minutes.

Someone already pointed out that most of the "missing" 9k ex book holders are probably paying at the gate now.

you agree we may need it though mate, just not now under this regime. i agree. ;)

Misunderstood your post a little, sorry about that. It is a shame we have the smaller stadium compared to the piggery but I don't really see the point (other than wanting to outrun Septic on this) to increase capacity if we can't fill it every other weekend or maybe just on some CL occasions.

it can be the difference between being able to afford the izaguirres, wanyamas, kayals, scott browns, derek riordans, joe ledleys and kris commons! 5 of whom chose the cash and celtic over us.

it can be the difference between being able to afford the izaguirres, wanyamas, kayals, scott browns, derek riordans, joe ledleys and kris commons! 5 of whom chose the cash and celtic over us.

That is true indeed. But a big stadium is a double- edged sword. It might create some extra quid but it might as well be a huge investment that never pays off.

Especially if not filled regularly.

That is true indeed. But a big stadium is a double- edged sword. It might create some extra quid but it might as well be a huge investment that never pays off.

Especially if not filled regularly.

it wont be but it will be filled enough to make it worth the money. just look how *incredible parkhead looks every european match night or on old firm day. i am guessing they rake in over £3m from every full house. that is big big money. we need to match them and we need to be every bit as ambitious as them.

*from an outsider and pundits point of view, not mine! :D

you agree we may need it though mate, just not now under this regime. i agree. ;)

We needed it 15 years ago. If only Murray had the foresight in the good times to speculate, we might not have ended up in this mess. Imagine the millions we wasted on Flo and Ball etc put towards expansion. In our current situation, and climate, it's just another soundbite to get the support excited. It's truly shocking just how far we have let them slip away from us. I fear they will take some catching now, in every department.

At today's prices, a stadium expansion to increase the Ibrox capacity above 60k would cost well over 20 million, so there's practically zero chance of it happening and no point in keeping harping on about it.

At today's prices, a stadium expansion to increase the Ibrox capacity above 60k would cost well over 20 million, so there's practically zero chance of it happening and no point in keeping harping on about it.

Stops people talking about the real issues and problems we will face. So in that respect, a worthwhile soundbite.