Naming Rights Deal Close

Where every other transfer budget in our history has come from I imagine, the club's income and perhaps some personal investment thrown in.

If the £10m isn't coming from the IPO, then there is NO £10m sitting waiting for Ally, it's that simple. We're set to make a loss this year as it is without Green giving Ally £10m and next year might not be a huge amount better. We'll probably be doing well to brake even next year by the sounds of it.

If the share issue is our only source of cash it'll hardly last long.

Indeed it won't. That's basically why I think blowing it all on a stadium expansion would be a great idea for the club, but highly unlikely to happen.

If the £10m isn't coming from the IPO, then there is NO £10m sitting waiting for Ally, it's that simple. We're set to make a loss this year as it is without Green giving Ally £10m and next year might not be a huge amount better. We'll probably be doing well to brake even next year by the sounds of it.

Indeed it won't. That's basically why I think blowing it all on a stadium expansion would be a great idea for the club, but highly unlikely to happen.

There's more season ticket money to come and who knows what investors may have agreed to put in? It's not as if Green said the money is ring fenced at this exact moment. Although the £10 million figure sounds like too much for this level anyway.

But how long before we could really get any benefts out of it? It's an idea sure but I think a huge risk.

More space will generate more use and a cafe that close will be widely used.

What good will an expansion do if our crowds remain pretty much as they are (minus the odd derby game and massive european night)?

An expansion would be a long term project financed by money that's there right now without having to borrow it and get into debt, so the derby games and European nights would start creating profit straight away once we're back in the top division. There would be running costs to get taken off the extra revenue that starts coming in, but there would still be profit generated from the first full house onwards.

Anyway, it's funny we're debating whether Green will or should expand the stadium or not when he's he one that brought it up.

Aye in one of his lost the plot moments. :D

There's no way he'd get the go ahead from the other owners to spend all of that IPO cash on a stadium expansion.

Aye in one of his lost the plot moments. :D

There's no way he'd get the go ahead from the other owners to spend all of that IPO cash on a stadium expansion.

Certainly not, but if we're doing well with the profit aims in two or three years and the crowds continue to be impressive maybe.

Certainly not, but if we're doing well with the profit aims in two or three years and the crowds continue to be impressive maybe.

Aye and maybe we'll be playing in a new European league or maybe we'll be playing in the EPL. Maybe this, maybe that... moonbeams moonbeams moonbeams!

Aye and maybe we'll be playing in a new European league or maybe we'll be playing in the EPL. Maybe this, maybe that... moonbeams moonbeams moonbeams!

You need to give things some time as well, how can anything in the future be certain? Plus things like moving league we don't have full control over anyway.

Murray got that tag because he was here for 20 odd years and things never came about, Green is a few months in still.

Replacing the corners with seats is not as easy as it sounds. They are basically supporting walls for the adjacent stands. You'd have to spend quite a bit on re-roofing every stand with a cantilevered design like Old Trafford or even Hampden. And even then I can't see how you'd gain that many seats as it would be a few thousand at best if you look at the area available.

For the number of seats, probably cheaper to put another tier on the Govan stand.

But the last thing we need is another Ibrox expansion pipe dream.

I didnt suggest it was a piece of cake but certainly seems easier than putting another tier on the Govan which may make the ground look uneven. And I dont know about the screens supporting walls, pretty sure they were supported before the screens were even put in well enough. There was plans back in the 90s or 00s with the corners filled and capacity was around 57000. Thats the same as having another club deck or almost another Broomloan / Copland stand.

There is nothing wrong with exploring these avenues at all so long as it doesnt ever put the club near the debt levels again. I want to see the current owners have a plan in place for the long term future just the same as we should be aiming for something long term on the pitch. As a few people have said we should be grabbing this opportunity by the horns and setting the club up for the next 140 years.