Naming Rights Deal Close

CHARLES GREEN says Rangers are close to striking a deal to sell the naming rights to Ibrox .......

He said: â??Mike Ashley is rich but heâ??s not stupid and they had a budget to adhere to so there was a period when the management and playing staff had got to their limit.

â??When they did the naming rights deal at St Jamesâ?? Park, it brought cash in and that cash was used to acquire Demba Ba.

â??He scored loads of goals then they sold him for £7million so that shows what selling the naming rights can do. If you can use that money well, itâ??ll bring further money in.â?

This is great news...when do we get Demba? In Septemba?

You've got a list of the mails and letters you've sent to UEFA or the SFA or the SPl or your MP then? Just asking.

I doubt any of the above give a fuck what I think about the hand-wringers in our support, or were you trying to make some deeper point that I've missed?

Replacing the big screens with seats should be the first thing, if we need the screens then put them at the corners where the club deck stairs are. We then have added capacity by retaining screens. But for me Id have seats around all 4 corners then we'd have near on 60000 without any major refurbishment at all.

Not sure how fans would get to the club deck though, but who cares, I had enough of climbing those fecking stairs for 3 years!

On the renaming front it has to be something that appeals to fans. I still think someone at the club should at least approx Apple to see if they would be interested.....I-brox is a win win for everyone.

I-brox is a win win for everyone.

Not really. But honestly, this would be a lot more acceptable than anything else.

As for the increased capacity plans, it's a nice idea. But I have to wonder if Green shouldn't start worrying a bit more about what's going on in the present or foreseeable future of our club instead of talking about making Champions League last 16 on a regular basis. This is all moonbeams afte all isn't it.

Not really. But honestly, this would be a lot more acceptable than anything else.

As for the increased capacity plans, it's a nice idea. But I have to wonder if Green shouldn't start worrying a bit more about what's going on in the present or foreseeable future of our club instead of talking about making Champions League last 16 on a regular basis. This is all moonbeams afte all isn't it.

Not moonbeams but a goal I would hope.

Is Green for real?

We have a fantastic support Ibrox Stadium almost full at every game, increasing the capacity will only show empty seats except at OF games and European last 16 matches.

Let's get up the leagues improve the squad with real quality players, win #55 qualify for CL, reach last 16 and only then can he talk about increasing the ground capacity.

Aye good fans replaced with hand-wringers. Thriving.

I can't see in what definition of "good fan" fits people who stop supporting the club because we sign a great player who was brought up in a faith they hate. They are "bad fans" on so many levels.

It's got to be said that since Mo Johnson our attendances have gone up dramatically in the 23 years since compared to the 23 years prior. Looking at the stats, probably something like 50%. That sounds like thriving to me.

To me the hand wringers are those who wring their hands and have cries of woe about something as silly as players religion. The weird thing is that they see themselves as Christians but don't even understand the religion they associate themselves with.

Seems to me that if hand wringers is to be applied in the current scenario, you'd have to choose to apply it to those that are wringing their hands about the threat of stadium name change. The other side are instead rubbing their hands thinking about the income.

Replacing the big screens with seats should be the first thing, if we need the screens then put them at the corners where the club deck stairs are. We then have added capacity by retaining screens. But for me Id have seats around all 4 corners then we'd have near on 60000 without any major refurbishment at all.

Not sure how fans would get to the club deck though, but who cares, I had enough of climbing those fecking stairs for 3 years!

On the renaming front it has to be something that appeals to fans. I still think someone at the club should at least approx Apple to see if they would be interested.....I-brox is a win win for everyone.

Replacing the corners with seats is not as easy as it sounds. They are basically supporting walls for the adjacent stands. You'd have to spend quite a bit on re-roofing every stand with a cantilevered design like Old Trafford or even Hampden. And even then I can't see how you'd gain that many seats as it would be a few thousand at best if you look at the area available.

For the number of seats, probably cheaper to put another tier on the Govan stand.

But the last thing we need is another Ibrox expansion pipe dream.