Traynor - Game En-title-d To Better

Most of the Gers fans I know don't have the internet, probably an age thing.

It's not just an age thing, it's more to do with want/desire and necessity because there's plenty of older people with the internet. My parents are retired and they're completely technophobic, but they still have a broadband connection, use google, send & receive email etc... Some older people (especially technophobes) probably just feel as though they don't want it or need it, some probably just can't be arsed trying to learn something new and alien to them.

It's not just an age thing, it's more to do with want/desire and necessity because there's plenty of older people with the internet. My parents are retired and they're completely technophobic, but they still have a broadband connection, use google, send & receive email etc... Some older people (especially technophobes) probably just feel as though they don't want it or need it, some probably just can't be arsed trying to learn something new and alien to them.

Of course it's age, and your right some of us do like the internet etc. But there are a lot more older ones without it than younger supporters.

Don't think it's anything to do with age, its the usual Rangers problem apathy, when it comes to the crunch we just don't get involved enough with our club and I doubt it will ever change.

we need one single Supporters Organisation. We have too many presently

I highly doubt it's as simple as you're making out, if there's enough people to sign it then why aren't they with or without the club pushing it? It didn't take campaigns to get 200k travelling to Manchester.

I think it's most likely a question of being aware of it - or rather, not being aware of it. I have no proof, but my hunch is that thousands of people will have heard of, and dismissed, "some internet petition thing", without being aware of the real effect it could have. If teh club put their weight behind it, and by doing so, lent it credibility we'd break the 100k barrier no problem.

There's oldco and newco issues, we already have Galloway trying to get debts transferred and we still don't know whether HMRC are appealing or not. There can be a number of reasons why the club isn't getting involved right now, but I assume you're insinuating conspiracy?

I'm insinuating the *possibility* of Green and/or others preferring to let sleeping dogs lie, for reasons unknown to us at present. So far, Chuck has pressed all the right buttons and said and done all the right things - but I don't yet trust him completely. Again, I have no evidence, circumstantial or otherwise to back that up - just a gut feeling.

I think it's most likely a question of being aware of it - or rather, not being aware of it. I have no proof, but my hunch is that thousands of people will have heard of, and dismissed, "some internet petition thing", without being aware of the real effect it could have. If teh club put their weight behind it, and by doing so, lent it credibility we'd break the 100k barrier no problem.

Fair enough opinion, mine is more the apathy explanation.

I'm insinuating the *possibility* of Green and/or others preferring to let sleeping dogs lie, for reasons unknown to us at present. So far, Chuck has pressed all the right buttons and said and done all the right things - but I don't yet trust him completely. Again, I have no evidence, circumstantial or otherwise to back that up - just a gut feeling.
Reasons which could well include legal angles as I suggested. It has to be noted we were allowed a clean break from all our debts by going down this new company route but who knows if that could be changed down the line? I'm only guessing but I wouldn't be surprised if we need to be careful.

As far as Green's work goes I think the fight for our titles is more urgent and probably more important (as much as I want HMRC looked into). If anything David Murray should more be the one trying to push the petition but we've heard little from him after some initial bluster in the tax case result aftermath.