I Love Ally McCoist

Well, I do. Everytime I go onto Gersnet someone is putting Ally down. Fine, I get why I just don't want to join in. This thread is for Ally love, no negativity allowed. Obviously I'm powerless to stop it but I trust you doom merchants will remain in one of the many, many Ally bashing threads.

McCoist is arguably the greatest ever Ranger, certainly the greatest living Ranger, here we celebrate him.

1. McCoist moment. It's pissing with rain, really teeming down. Rangers v Celtic in the cup at Hampden on a Wednesday night. I'm in the Rangers end with my Dad, we're in the very first row, we're literally below pitch level with our view further obscured by polis, ballboys and ambulancemen. The front row is also beyond the roof so we are getting soaked. We're next to a bunch of Northern Irish guys with a large 'Shankill Loyal' flag which is big enough for us all to shelter under.

Not long in to the match and Rangers are down to 10 men, Davie Robertson sent off for being unable to dematerialise when Joe Miller runs into him. Celtic are rampant, they sense blood, they are swarming all over us, it's back to the walls stuff and a long, wet, cold night is in store complete with a shit view.

Then Stuart McCall dispossess some Tim or other, in their half, he's got nowhere to go and and only one pass on. He slips it through to an onrushing McCoist, Ally checks his stride slightly and meets the ball first time from the edge of the box planting it into the bottom corner. We explode, we are in the presence of greatness, again. We're battered senseless for the rest of the match, but we're not breached, not ever. Ally, predator in chief, ensures the Shankill Loyal, my Dad and I go home soaked, freezing and grinning like Cheshire Cats.

Thank you Ally, it'll never be forgotten.

I get totally, where you're coming from Amms - totally.

Some of the criticism of McCoist on these boards has been utterly shameful. People can criticise his team selection, his tactics, his motivational skills or his coaching - but when they start attacking the man with some of the invective we have seen here, they can hand in their scarves at the door on their way out and fuck off, because they are not real Rangers fans.

My favourite Ally moment, wasn't a moment as such, but rather a period of time, where he was dropped by Souness in favour of Mojo.

Ally had been the fans' favourite and the 'star' of the club and this was a fairly public slap in the face, with Souness telling the world that Cosity wasn't as good as Mojo.

Any other player would have gone away in the huff, thrown the toys out the pram and done a number on the manager behind his back to the press. McCoist's reaction was to get the head down keep doing what he was doing and keep being a team player, keeping the spirit in the dressing room high. One time he even took a teapot out to the bench.

That says it all about McCoist. Quality, dignity and class from top to bottom.

The jury may still be out on his managerial ability but even if he doesn't turn this present shambles around, he is and will always be Super Ally, the Greatest Ever Ranger.

It's very unfortunate but ex-Rangers players seldom go on to become great Rangers managers. I would dearly like to see Ally turn things around but I think his record isn't great as Rangers manager whichever way you want to look at it.

Sorry

It's very unfortunate but ex-Rangers players seldom go on to become great Rangers managers. I would dearly like to see Ally turn things around but I think his record isn't great as Rangers manager whichever way you want to look at it.

Sorry

Yes, two seasons of turmoil and extreme circumstances tend to give no manager a head start.

I never meant that mate,just stating a reality,every Rangers fan wants Ally to be a success

Wasn't saying you mate, but the OP is a pretty classic example of it.

I doubt there's anyone we'd all love to see succeed as Rangers manager more, simply it's a case of not believing he can.