I Love Ally McCoist

Does anyone remember the nights in the Edminston Club one night i think Bernard Manning was on that night he was funny as fuck but guess who stole the show Super Ally singing "Should i stay or should i go now" i think he was the judge at the time on the bench he had the place goin mental with a few more songs of course lol great memorys...

What's everyones favourite Ally goal?

1. Scotland v Switzerland Euro 96 screamer followed closely by

2. Leeds away followed closely by

3. The over head against Hibs in the league cup final in 1993. This one was magic as it was his first game back from the broken leg he got against Portugal in the summer. He'd only been on the pitch about 5 mins.

Edited by Gribz

I also remember one away to St Mirren where he was in on goal and shifted the ball about 6 inches with his right foot onto his left and slotted it into the far corner in one move - the moving if the ball 6 inches didnt seem like much but when you thought about it afterwards he really did create more space to find the net.

My favourite goals were :

1. The overhead against Hibs in league cup final

2. The one against Celtic that amms described in his OP - down to 10 men for over 80 mins and McCoist (Golden Bollocks...), as you would expect, scores the winner - fine finish it was too.

3. Elland Road, just because it was such a massive game, but a great headed finish too.

To be fair, there are wayyyyyyy too many Ally goals to really choose from. As a striker he was an absolute legend.

I remember meeting him on Argyle Street when he was at the back end of his career (was by that time with Killie) and he had his young baby with him... I left the wife to coo over the baby whilst Ally and I chatted football for 5 or 10 minutes. He may have been at Killie but he still went to Gers games. Absolute gentleman.

I am in the same boat as GA - I couldnt will any harder for Ally to be a success as a manager, but at this point I just cant see it happening for him. I still am holding out hopes, but not with any expectation. I would be deliriously happy if Ally DID turn things around and became a managing legend as much as a playing legend he undoubtedly was.

What a great thread!!

Three favourite McCoist goals are

1. Diving header against Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi-final

2. Overhead kick in the League Cup Final against Hibs

3. Header against Dynamo Kiev in the European Cup when he meant to head it one way and ended up in the other corner.

Another notable mention for me would be during the 8-in-a-row season when we were 2-1 down to Raith Rovers up at Kirkcaldy. Ally scores the equaliser with about five mins to go. He then scores the winner with about the last kick of the ball and runs straight to the bench. Could see just how much it meant to him.

A wee story about our Super I heard today, apparently he ran out of petrol on the M74 yesterday morning just next to Kirkmuirhill (Blackwood for the posh folk) and the bold Ally happily saunters into Khill to the petrol station bringing Scotmid to a stand still and signing autographs, before getting a lift back out to his car. :D

A wee story about our Super I heard today, apparently he ran out of petrol on the M74 yesterday morning just next to Kirkmuirhill (Blackwood for the posh folk) and the bold Ally happily saunters into Khill to the petrol station bringing Scotmid to a stand still and signing autographs, before getting a lift back out to his car. :D

That shows just how much the man has on his mind when he can't even remember to get petrol in his car!

Nice positive thread amms, thanks! :lover: