What ? .....................for another Sebo, you mean ? :sigh:

Well ther is always that risk right enough :thup: , but how much will we get ?, and surely there is still some money in the kitty, not much i know, i'm thinking centre half here

I personally beleive PLG had 5M to spend when he came and he was very wary of squandering all of it and so only spent 3M net on bargain players for which he had Bain squeeze every deal for what it was worth.

I think we will get another £1 in total for Ricksen to add to that, plus another 2M for the UEFA run so far, giving PLG 5M in the kitty. However, I think he wants to keep most of that for the summer when another 4M or so from JJB is added to it and perhaps a couple more million if we get to the UEFA semis.

So I predict he'll bring in about 2 players in January, 3 on the outside, for a net spend of £2M and 2 or maybe 3 quality players in the summer for about 6M and few cheapies and Bosmans for the remaining 1M.

I will be very surprised if he doesn't get a centre half in January while allowing J-Rod to leave for free.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sold Buffel for £1M too and let Rae go.

By late summer I expect the following to have left:

Klos

Letizi

Bardsley

J-Rod

Rae

N'Daiye

Martin

Buffel

Prso

Which means we'll need 2 strikers, a left midfielder, a central midfielder, a centre back or two and a right back, and maybe a goalie, all for 120 grand worth of wages and with hopefully about £10M net to spend.

Could be a good second season if le Guen can improve his transfer picks.

Here's how Group A looks after the latest matches:

1 Rangers 3 2 1 0 7 4 3 7

2 Maccabi Haifa 4 2 1 1 5 4 1 7

3 Auxerre 3 1 1 1 7 6 1 4

4 Livorno 3 0 2 1 4 5 -1 2

5 Partizan Belgrade 3 0 1 2 2 6 -4 1

So we draw at home to PB in 2 weeks and we finish top no matter how Auxerre and Livorno get on because we drew away from home against Auxerre. Do away goals count when they're looking at finalising places in the table?

on the Uefa website is stated:

If two or more teams finish equal on completion of the group matches the following criteria will determine the rankings.

A) Superior goal difference from all group matches.

B) Higher No. of goals scored

C) Highest No. of goals scored away.

D) Higher No. of wins

E) Higher NO. of away wins.

It is the old fashioned goal difference that counts so i guess we need that point. Champagne on ice guys!

Shit i couldn't copy and paste that i had to type it.

on the Uefa website is stated:

If two or more teams finish equal on completion of the group matches the following criteria will determine the rankings.

A) Superior goal difference from all group matches.

B) Higher No. of goals scored

C) Highest No. of goals scored away.

D) Higher No. of wins

E) Higher NO. of away wins.

It is the old fashioned goal difference that counts so i guess we need that point. Champagne on ice guys!

Shit i couldn't copy and paste that i had to type it.

Thanks for clearing that up Pete. I know in the CL when teams are level on points it goes on the head to head goal difference so I assumed it would be the same for the Uefa Cup. Never mind, just means we'll have to go and pump Partizan.

Mon the Gers

Cause you don't play teams home and away I guess it would be unfair to count position on head to head goal difference.

Yep i would agree with that and as Trailio said we will just have to hammer partizan.

What is the chance of le Guen resting our best players though with an eye on the Celtic game a few days later?

I would imagine quite high as there may not be much difference between a CL dropout and an UEFA 3rd