Steven Davis: â??Iâ??d like to come back and play for Rangers againâ??

on it mate of course. i didnt know him off it. has the thread went off topic? i havnt read it all.

I think hiding is an accusation that could be levelled against most of our CM's over the past decade. I don't know if it's the way we play with so many long balls and wing plays, but central mid's only really seem to contribute in any sort of creative sense via counter attacks or when they push further up the park and make runs into the opposition area.

It's probably why it took me so long to see what all the fuss was about with Lewis Macleod and also why I struggle to see why Black has been comparitively so poor.

Of course we'd have sold them, they had very generous release clauses remember.

did the release clauses not become void when their contracts went back to normal? even then, a buyer would still be needed. no one was interested before hand when we accepted any offer for players.

It's a no from me. They jumped ship ASAP with not a thought of Rangers or the fans. They were all good players for Rangers and I was gutted they bailed out so quick,what was the rush?. No, Rangers are bigger than any player,they made their decision to go so they can stick by their decision and stay away.

I think hiding is an accusation that could be levelled against most of our CM's over the past decade. I don't know if it's the way we play with so many long balls and wing plays, but central mid's only really seem to contribute in any sort of creative sense via counter attacks or when they push further up the park and make runs into the opposition area.

It's probably why it took me so long to see what all the fuss was about with Lewis Macleod and also why I struggle to see why Black has been comparitively so poor.

i am not sure i agree with that. we have had some terrific centre midfielders over that time who never hid. hemdani, mendes and thomson to name 3. even edu didnt hide as limited as he was, and he was very limited! davis though, regularly went missing during games.

i didnt rate macleod at first, i still dont. he runs about alot but offers little else. black is just an imposter, stealing a place in our team atm.