the delay of the shirt manufacturer

not buying that, at all.

several hundred thousand was the figure used last year for their shirt sales. cant seem to find our figures though.

whether you buy it or not is neither here nor there. the figures were in their accounts and were lower than ours year on year till they stopped giving figures.

perhaps you should consider that only 17% of Scotland is catholic. their target market is tiny.

whether you buy it or not is neither here nor there. the figures were in their accounts and were lower than ours year on year till they stopped giving figures.

perhaps you should consider that only 17% of Scotland is catholic. their target market is tiny.

i find it hard to believe they print shirt sales numbers on annual accounts.

lol not sure if you are serious here.

ah well this blog didnt see fit to include celtic anywhere yet you will find a 3rd division rangers top!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1304304-top-100-soccer-jerseys-for-the-2012-13-season/page/101

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

thats about individual preference for liking the style and make up of kits and of course ours is nicer, nothing to do with facts and figures. this years kit is possibly our best ever. if only it was made by a better manufacturer. thanks anyway. :thup:

An interesting image from FF posted there last night from circa 2003:

MURRAYNEWS2003_zpsc175b0e3.jpg

Clearly, that is ten years ago and I'd certainly expect MIH's figures to be massaged somewhat so perhaps 360,000 is a bit high. However, even if you half that figure then we're still selling as many strips as Celtic now. As mentioned previously, Cl participation may affect sales on a like-for-like basis but, even then, I'm not convinced either club will massively outstrip the other in terms of shirt sales.

One thing is for sure, both JJB and Sports Direct wouldn't be sniffing around and paying out millions for a laugh. And, again, neither would any club accept a joint-sponsorship if one or the other was selling much more products.

MURRAYSTRIPS2006_zps5ace14e8.jpg

cheers frankie. as i say we out sold them every year until they stopped giving figures. i see little reason to believe we dont still do that or they would be crowing again.

we were also 4th for retail operations at one point as well behind iirc man uts barca real madrid and juve.

Edited by the gunslinger

cheers frankie. as i say we out sold them every year until they stopped giving figures. i see little reason to believe we dont still do that or they would be crowing again.

we were also 4th for retail operations at one point as well behind iirc man uts barca real madrid and juve.

I tend to agree that we would outsell them in the UK, but we just do not have a presence internationally. Walk into any Nike store around the world and you will find their jerseys hanging next to Man U, Arsenal and Barca. I have never seen an Umbro (or Warrior, Macron or any other brand rumoured to be linked to manufacturing our kit) store anywhere that I have travelled. (Apologies, I have seen Puma stores, but not with any football gear for sale).

All the more reason for going with a brand that has a worldwide footprint such as Adidas or Nike. At least in that way, we are linked by association with Real, Chelsea, Man City etc.

Edited by Davie P
addition