the delay of the shirt manufacturer

I think we all do, from a personal perspective.

But without knowing the details of any prospective deals being offered it is simply too difficult to compare them with anyone else.

If the financial aspect is close then Adidas is a no-brainer - but I suspect that Green thinks this way too. Which suggests that it isnt as close as we would believe.

I do see the point of view that Adidas is a powerhouse football brand - though not convinced they are bigger than Nike - they seem to be relatively even to me. I have seen as many Nike stors abroad as I have Adidas, in fact I would guess I have seen more Nike than Adidas.

lol trying to talk down adidas. :facepalm: its the worlds number one brand for football, it is the football brand. the best of the best.

im not talking it down because I dont like em.. I just trying compare why it would be best for us. there a huge brand and of course it would be good to get them

the biggie is how it compares to other bids financially. but to just say its the best..because you think so is pretty strange. you have basically saying it should be adidas at no hesitation. .without even considering what others have to offer too.. even the macron (if true) offer. and if its good enough for some the others on there list worldwide it should be good enough for us right now.but you dismissed because you hadnt seen them on your travels.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

But without knowing the details of any prospective deals being offered it is simply too difficult to compare them with anyone else.

If the financial aspect is close then Adidas is a no-brainer - but I suspect that Green thinks this way too. Which suggests that it isnt as close as we would believe.

I do see the point of view that Adidas is a powerhouse football brand - though not convinced they are bigger than Nike - they seem to be relatively even to me. I have seen as many Nike stors abroad as I have Adidas, in fact I would guess I have seen more Nike than Adidas.

does nike not cover more sports though? they are very americanised and cover huge amounts of athletic sports.

does nike not cover more sports though? they are very americanised and cover huge amounts of athletic sports. adidas were always a football brand who slowly diversified into our sports over time.

Guest carter001
When will it be announced?

He said the announcement was imminent but, there had been delays due to the kit deal not being agreed on its own. Its part of a bigger interlinked package relating to the stadium renaming etc.

He said the announcement was imminent but, there had been delays due to the kit deal not being agreed on its own. Its part of a bigger interlinked package relating to the stadium renaming etc.

Hmmm. So will the Puma deal not be with us directly but be with SD (rhetorical question - not expecting you to know)?

Sounds kinda like the suggestion that Umbro had the deal with JJB and not us. I could never see the cash from the supposed deal with Umbro and it was always a bit murky.

I can't see the logic in tying a strip deal into a merchandising or stadium naming deal but I guess there must be something that I'm missing.

Hmm. My only concern here is that by the interlinking it will be spun to sound an immense deal when the reality is different.

I'm not overjoyed by the stadium renaming.

I am however happy with Puma, not a fan of Umbro & whilst Adidas has a certain pull their shirt designs are nothing to shout about.