rangers fans fall into a trap

Where did you shoot someone else down?

Well, weeblue suggested we "set tripwires" of our own. That we employ the same tactics they use against us by drawing attention to the negative elements in their crowd. And you said it could never work.

I say it could. They embarassed themselves bigstyle a few seasons ago with that "Fuck UEFA" banner, and they'll do it again.

I'll ask again, what's your suggested plan of attack? Or are you in the same camp as Allan?

Oh I'm all for a fight but it would take everyone pulling together and history tells us that just won't happen. We also need friends in the right places and we have none and that isn't an easy thing to right.

Did that banner make headline news, no it was tucked away and the resulting fine was given vey little coverage, that's the difference. If you have a way to counter the media in this country I'm all ears.

Edited by GovanAllan

Oh I'm all for a fight but it would take everyone pulling together and history tells us that just won't happen. We also need friends in the right places and we have none and that isn't an easy thing to right.

Did that banner make headline news, no it was tucked away and the resulting fine was given vey little coverage, that's the difference. If you have a way to counter the media in this country I'm all ears.

It only takes a core of fans making a concerted effort to make a difference. If we were to bombard the switchboards with complaints the way they do ESPN would have to take it seriously.

The Fuck UEFA banner got national coverage and it's there on record. They provide us with at least as much ammo as we provide them.

Well, weeblue suggested we "set tripwires" of our own. That we employ the same tactics they use against us by drawing attention to the negative elements in their crowd. And you said it could never work.

I say it could. They embarassed themselves bigstyle a few seasons ago with that "Fuck UEFA" banner, and they'll do it again.

I'll ask again, what's your suggested plan of attack? Or are you in the same camp as Allan?

They were primed and ready to go, some of our support walked into it eyes wide shut and all hell was let loose. If the boot would have been on the foot and they had been singing the usual terrorist glorification songs, it would have taken me 90 minutes to find who too contact and complain too, by then the game would have been over. But within minutes they had their complaints broadcast, like it has been said far to convenient a circumstance.

Imaginary? There's no imaginary about it. There are real and serious agendas and conspiracies against our club.

Yes there are, but ESPN is not involved in any of them. My point was that inventing an imaginary conspiracy by ESPN instead of focusing on the twats who embarrass the club does no good. A) it lets the FTP brigade off the hook and b) it just serves to weaken any attempt at getting at the real conspiracies being perpetrated against the club.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist told fans who indulged in inappropriate chanting at the game at Berwick that they have let the club and themselves down.

Unsavoury songs were heard from a section of the travelling support during the Irn-Bru Third Division clash at Shielfield Park. Rangers responded during the match, which was broadcast live on ESPN, by releasing a statement condemning the actions of some supporters.

And, speaking after his side's 3-1 win, McCoist said he hoped the incident was a one-off, with the club having worked hard in the past to eradicate sectarian chanting at their games. He said: "If there was some unsavoury chanting, they've probably let themselves down - and they've let us all down a little bit."

He added: "I would be very hopeful it's an isolated incident and we can move on. Our fans have been fantastic home and away this season. I came off the park to be told the club have issued a statement. I back the club's statement 100 per cent."

Fans have largely been well behaved this season, after Rangers were demoted to the bottom tier of Scottish football, and McCoist added: "I think we've all come a long way in recent years. There's no doubt about that. We have to continue the good work that's been done before.

"You will get one or two setbacks, steps back to move forward again, but I'm hopeful it's no more than that."

It is understood the Ibrox club will assist any police inquiry into criminal acts and the club will ban those responsible from all Rangers matches.

A Rangers spokesman said: "The club is disappointed by certain outbursts of inappropriate singing by a section of the support at Berwick. Our fans have been excellent this season both home and away and we do not want to see this tarnished."

Superintendent Tim Smith, of Northumbria Police, said: "By and large, the fans were very well behaved, but there was a short outburst involving some sectarian chanting towards the start of the game. At the beginning of the game, we identified that some chanting had taken place and we have taken video evidence of that to do follow-up inquiries.

"In addition, two people have been arrested for that offence and are in custody. We have video evidence that will be investigated by officers from the FOCUS (Football Co-ordination Unit for Scotland) team from Strathclyde Police."

It only takes a core of fans making a concerted effort to make a difference. If we were to bombard the switchboards with complaints the way they do ESPN would have to take it seriously.

The Fuck UEFA banner got national coverage and it's there on record. They provide us with at least as much ammo as we provide them.

maybe but they have an army of journalists suppressing their actions whilst we have an army out to expose ours!

no i didnt. i said the vhermin will not fall over the traps. only because we have no one in scotland to take them to task. they have been shaming our country and their club for generations yet are still given free reign to do as they please. no one has the desire to go after them as they have too many friends in every walk of life. all we have is enemies.

the uefa banner did not the get the coverage it should have. the coverage was grudged and quickly forgot.

not so much a plan but ideas of how we can change things but it will take time and a change in our peoples attitudes. there are a few things we can do but behaving is priority number one.

Edited by kuznetsov

We need to start some sort of fightback. Let's ban BBC Scotland & Clyde from Ibrox following their next indescretion. We shouldn't have too long to wait.

No mate we won't, but it seems our fans would rather chase some bad wee boys in its own support with the passion they should be showing towards the enemy, maybe they are scared of the MHanks, sad but true.