Le Gaffer says 'more of the same'.

It can also be mind games. If he says we need a centre half badly all of a sudden all the centre halfs cost millions. I think he knows what he needs but won't pay inflated prices fo mediocre players. The ghost of Sebo haunts him i think.

i think leguen still has a lot of faith in svensen, god knows why. The next 4 league games will be very telling not only for the team but for svensen and co as well. If we do manage to gain ground on celtic over the next month it will paper over the cracks in our defence but if our centre backs get up to their usual tricks it may force leguens hand in the transfer market. I have to say the thought of svensen seeing out the rest of the seson in the first 11 doesnt fill me with any confidence but with leguen its a stark possibilty.

Hopefully he has the same eye for a player as Wenger and his signings come good. We are maybe still judging too early despite them not exactly hitting it off.

But i remain confident in him and still go by what ive said all season - Dont expect anything until at least February - thats when i think we'll start seeing his team improve.

But we are short of numbers at centre half anyway so we need to bring 1 in

I don't for a minute think that PLG believes what he is saying - it sounds more to me as if he is trying to give the defence a boost to confidence.

As poor as the defence is just how well do you reckon they would play if the boss comes out and says "you guys are shite and I will be replacing you as soon as I can" ??

I don't think that telling the truth right now is in the team's best interests when it comes to the defence.

Hopefully it is, as Pete says, mind games.

If it isn't then I will start to doubt PLG too - but right now he is still the man for the job.

Sounds like he's trying the positive, unified approach. Surely he must know there's a problem at centre half, but its probably right not to come out and say it for numerous reasons. Of course, the other thing he could do is come out and say that certain players need to up their game, try that approach.

Let me ask you, if your pipes were leaking as much as we're leaking goals would you tell the wife, "I'd get a plumber in but they are too expensive in

the winter, let's wait till the summer when they are cheaper"?

Or would you go out and pay top dollar for someone to fix your pipes before extensive damage is done?