Charles Green on singing

He runs the club and is the face of it from the boardroom.

It's just another phrase for saying Rangers under his guidance. Like I say, mock offence.

lol, surely you don't even believe that?

Charles Green's Rangers, right. The latest in a long line of talking utter shite from your hero. Arrogant twat of a man.

It's a way of differentiating the time periods being referred to.

Really, so you used to talk about Marlborough's Rangers, then? I grew up with Struth's Rangers, Symon's Rangers....we differentiated the past with reference to managers not owners and not as we are now being asked to do, without taking "mock offence" in this thread - a spokesperson for owners.

Can't you see the difference?

Struth's Rangers

Symon's Rangers

even (much as I hate to write it) Murray's Rangers

and

Green's Rangers?

(I don't accept the Murray one, btw, I am just including it in a spirit of goodwill toward your point of view).

We differentiate our eras via manager, not owner. We always have.

PS I am constantly amazed at some fans reactions and opinions but today just about takes the proverbial cake: I read of fans upset when we are called Glasgow Rangers* and then I get immediately dismissed in scornful terms for disputing the phrase "Green's Rangers" from a statement that is so divored from reality that it beggars belief.

* Yes, I know why - but, comparatively, really?

Edited by SteveC
PS

Honestly folks, some reporter throws the hook and half a dozen jump on it like there is no tomorrow. We had it all before, stuff like "Charles Green bought Rangers" or "Rangers now owned by Charles Green" which is all utter rubbish.

Make sure you don't get that easily ensnared next time, yes?

Really, so you used to talk about Marlborough's Rangers, then? I grew up with Struth's Rangers, Symon's Rangers....we differentiated the past with reference to managers not owners and not as we are now being asked to do, without taking "mock offence" in this thread - a spokesperson for owners.

Can't you see the difference?

Struth's Rangers

Symon's Rangers

even (much as I hate to write it) Murray's Rangers

and

Green's Rangers?

(I don't accept the Murray one, btw, I am just including it in a spirit of goodwill toward your point of view).

We differentiate our eras via manager, not owner. We always have.

PS I am constantly amazed at some fans reactions and opinions but today just about takes the proverbial cake: I read of fans upset when we are called Glasgow Rangers* and then I get immediately dismissed in scornful terms for disputing the phrase "Green's Rangers" from a statement that is so divored from reality that it beggars belief.

* Yes, I know why - but, comparatively, really?

There's a difference between referring to what is on the park (you would refer to the manager) and what is off the park. Someone may state that Marlborough's Rangers didn't tend to sign RCs whereas Murray's Rangers did, for example.

You obviously disagree with me. Fair enough. It's something I can't get too upset about. There's far more important issues raised by the article than how our CEO refers to the club.

There's a difference between referring to what is on the park (you would refer to the manager) and what is off the park. Someone may state that Marlborough's Rangers didn't tend to sign RCs whereas Murray's Rangers did, for example.

You obviously disagree with me. Fair enough. It's something I can't get too upset about. There's far more important issues raised by the article than how our CEO refers to the club.

Agreed and well put.

Lets be pals.

PS But I never heard us ever referred to in this way "Someone may state that Marlborough's Rangers....."

Edited by SteveC

Honestly folks, some reporter throws the hook and half a dozen jump on it like there is no tomorrow. We had it all before, stuff like "Charles Green bought Rangers" or "Rangers now owned by Charles Green" which is all utter rubbish.

Make sure you don't get that easily ensnared next time, yes?

Ah back to your Whytesque defence of it's all "the Timmy mhedia's fault".

Plus ca change.

My only thinking is that IF he is truly discussing with UEFA possible routes and IF possibly we may jump a league or two in reconstruction, then he's almost pleading to not make it difficult.

The whole 'banning if you do nothing stuff' well meh. Good luck policing that one. A photo doesn't prove someone did/didn't do anything, it's a snapshot in time. It's completely unworkable. I think he got carried away on message.

Yes I'm sure there will now be a barrage of anti-Green stuff on here and how naive I am but I seriously cannot get myself worked about this at all. It's a soundbite. We know he tends to be over the top, it's the way he is. Stop feeding the trolls who thrive on this shit and turn it round saying 'well clearly you agree with the singing'.

My only thinking is that IF he is truly discussing with UEFA possible routes and IF possibly we may jump a league or two in reconstruction, then he's almost pleading to not make it difficult.

The whole 'banning if you do nothing stuff' well meh. Good luck policing that one. A photo doesn't prove someone did/didn't do anything, it's a snapshot in time. It's completely unworkable. I think he got carried away on message.

Yes I'm sure there will now be a barrage of anti-Green stuff on here and how naive I am but I seriously cannot get myself worked about this at all. It's a soundbite. We know he tends to be over the top, it's the way he is. Stop feeding the trolls who thrive on this shit and turn it round saying 'well clearly you agree with the singing'.

That's just far too sensible and calm a view for the internet.

Do you ever comment on anything other than Green?

Of course I do, but soundbite Chucky just keeps on going. Quite a comment mind you, because you certainly post way more about chuck than anyone in the world - Chuck included.

So even though my opinion of him is different fron yours, relax.