Charles Green on singing

How is he going to implement this?,stupid statement. It's about time some of our fans have a word with themselves about singing outlawed songs.

In house stewarding. In Germany there are "fan stewards" in the most volatile / vocal / prominent sections of the stadium. People in the know. And it is not about blackmailing et al. This is about safety for the support and the club, the pendulum swings both ways. We have our own match day people and security staff, so they can work together with fans and the UBs and whatnots. This is the best time to get it all into motion and work together, rather than whipping up rules and regulations and have people arrested or banned on the spot.

In house stewarding. In Germany there are "fan stewards" in the most volatile / vocal / prominent sections of the stadium. People in the know. And it is not about blackmailing et al. This is about safety for the support and the club, the pendulum swings both ways. We have our own match day people and security staff, so they can work together with fans and the UBs and whatnots. This is the best time to get it all into motion and work together, rather than whipping up rules and regulations and have people arrested or banned on the spot.

The powers that be within Ibrox will never go for fan stewards, its all about divide and conquer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9908159/Charles-Green-vows-to-ban-Rangers-bigots-for-life.html

Already plenty of outrage about this elsewhere and the usual stuff about Charles Green 'bullshit' etc. But for me the fans at Berwick put the club in this position where there has to be very strong words and threats.

That's true but on the other hand this suggestion is preposterous. Lets say you are standing near a dozen pissed up heavies belting out the Billy Boys. If you intervene you may well get a leathering; imagine if you have a kid with you - even worse to get involved. If you do not intervene you get banned.

Slightly off topic, am I the only one who gets massively irritated when CG says things like "Charles Green's Rangers" (as in above statement) or how " I would never allow the club to be stripped of titles" etc. He seems to suggest that he is the only person who played a role in the reviving of the club! I really just want him to think before he speaks!

Slightly off topic, am I the only one who gets massively irritated when CG says things like "Charles Green's Rangers" (as in above statement)

I can't get too upset at that. He's just trying to say what he wants and doesn't want under "his watch". I don't think he's trying to say that everything is due to him in this case. However he could word it a bit better to avoid any misunderstanding.

I think Charlie's problem is that he likes to see himself as a straight talking guy (even if some of us don't!) so he doesn't ever like to give evasive Sepp Blatter style answers.

The trouble is, there are some questions that require a bit of analysis before you go ahead and put your answer on record. The question of sectarian singing is too complex to give an off-the-cuff response to.

What he should have said on the matter is something along the lines of, "It's a problem that we (Charles Green's Rangers) are going to look into and tackle."

Sounds horribly like a politician's answer, but they speak like that for a reason.

Different Country, different police force, different laws.

The same law is applicable to everyone whose primary domicile is in Scotland. This was stated very clearly at the time of its absurd passing onto the Law books.

Yes, this means that a Scotsman who resides in Berwick and and Englishman who resides in, say, Largs singing the same "offensive" songs at the same game in Berwick are respectively innocent (or rather "unaffected by") and guilty of breaking this Kafka-esque Scots Law.

Edited by SteveC

Slightly off topic, am I the only one who gets massively irritated when CG says things like "Charles Green's Rangers" (as in above statement) or how " I would never allow the club to be stripped of titles" etc. He seems to suggest that he is the only person who played a role in the reviving of the club! I really just want him to think before he speaks!

He's praised our fans plenty though.