hypothetical question

how much are the watch and wallet worth?

They are worth whatever you think your dignity and pride is worth.

You can accept their 'offer' and then try to live with the weekly humiliation of sharing space with them, or you can tell them to GTF and work your way to getting another watch and wallet in a couple of years.

Personally, if i never had to play any of them ever again , it would be too soon - and if you could guarantee me that by moving to the League of Wales we would ensure the destruction of all those who tried to kill us in the SPL, I'd be learning how to say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch quicker than you could set fire to a holiday cottage.

You're walking home late one night, you've had a bit too much to drink and lost your judgemental abilities. You take a shortcut through an area, you would otherwise have avoided. A gang of wee shites, (lets say for the sake of argument there were ten of them) jump you, and spend the rest of the night kicking fuck out of you and trying to humiliate you in any way they can. Then they nick your watch and your wallet.

Daybreak comes. You've sobered up, the world is back on an even keel. You know who they are and you can get them, one by one or as a group. But you *can* make them pay for their fun.

Then you get an offer; if you leave them alone, let them go and let bygones be bygones - you'll get you watch and wallet back.

You're saying that rejecting the 'offer' would be down to spite?

That's not a great analogy of our situation though. We're going to get back into the SPL anyway, so rejecting an offer of getting there sooner rather than later when it would be hugely beneficial to us for it to be sooner would be akin to cutting our noses off to spite our faces. There's obviously the issue of it being beneficial to the other SPL clubs too and I did mention that. As I said though, it would be more beneficial to us than to the other club's, especially if a chunk of our regular away fans don't attend the away games and the allocations aren't taken up by others. Even if our fans DID buy all of the away allocations it would STILL be more beneficial to us than to any of the other clubs.

That's not a great analogy of our situation though. We're going to get back into the SPL anyway, so rejecting an offer of getting there sooner rather than later when it would be hugely beneficial to us for it to be sooner would be akin to cutting our noses off to spite our faces. There's obviously the issue of it being beneficial to the other SPL clubs too and I did mention that. As I said though, it would be more beneficial to us than to the other club's, especially if a chunk of our regular away fans don't attend the away games and the allocations aren't taken up by others. Even if our fans DID buy all of the away allocations it would STILL be more beneficial to us than to any of the other clubs.

It might end up being more beneficial to us short term. But its not even close to being a good enough reason. If the SPL and SFA were coming out with "we were wrong / you shouldnt have went into Admin / your transfer embargo was wrong / we should never have went after your titles / you shouldnt be in Div 3....and on and on and on" and if was about the wrong doings they did and were trying to correct them then I can see the reason for going back to the SPL if invited. Up until as recent as 2 weeks ago they were still trying to strip titles. But all of sudden there could be an invite because there is no TV deal for next season and 2 clubs are close to shutting down (with how many next season who knows!).

Its a no for me. If we were in the SPL next season something would happen and we'd get blamed for it. I say we stick to our guns and go up the leagues our own way. FWIW I think the 12-12-18 has already been decided, they just have to find a way of getting through. And I do think we will be in the 2nd league of 12 therefore playing SPL 1 sides when the ludicrious split starts.

They are worth whatever you think your dignity and pride is worth.

You can accept their 'offer' and then try to live with the weekly humiliation of sharing space with them, or you can tell them to GTF and work your way to getting another watch and wallet in a couple of years.

Personally, if i never had to play any of them ever again , it would be too soon - and if you could guarantee me that by moving to the League of Wales we would ensure the destruction of all those who tried to kill us in the SPL, I'd be learning how to say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch quicker than you could set fire to a holiday cottage.

Are dignity and pride really getting in the way of accepting this hypothetical invite though? Or is it stubborness and spite?

You say you never want to play any of them again. I feel the same way, but the reallity of the situation is that we more than likely will have no choice.

Hoping to lengthen our time away from the SPL by one or two years is just delaying the inevitable and won't make it any easier to deal with. They'll still call us all the names under the sun and we'll still hate the lot of them with a passion.

Talk from some fans about using that time to build a new footballing philosophy is constructive in terms of positive thinking and little else. As far as the real world of Rangers in Scottish football is concerned its just romantic claptrap = Not going to happen

As for our youths, they're better off developing in the SPL. They may not get the same opportunity as they've had this season, but if that turns out to be the case then it's inevitably going to be that way and again another year or two will make no difference.

A simple invite and lifting the transfer embargo just isn't good enough, what about compensation for the transfer embargo?

Any club in the land could strengthen their squad in January except us, we got gubbed proper by Dundee United in the cup who's going to say a couple of players here and there wouldn't have changed that result? We could have been looking forward to a Scottish Cup semi-final against the bheasts and a big pay day.

They can stick their invite up where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

The corrupt SPL is fast running out of finances and time. I honestly hope Rangers do everything in their power to stop this shambles of a so called reconstruction. Because it's no such thing as a genuine reconstruction as it's a manoeuvre, whereby the SPL save their busted arses and get to keep the power in Scottish football at the expense of the smaller SFL clubs.

If Rangers manage to get the votes to blocked reconstruction the SPL will be bankrupt in the not to distant future. Those corrupt fookers will then have to come cap in hand to the SFL without the finances and power to dictate to the smaller clubs. That alone is worth voting no to reconstruction imo.

Are dignity and pride really getting in the way of accepting this hypothetical invite though? Or is it stubborness and spite?

You say you never want to play any of them again. I feel the same way, but the reallity of the situation is that we more than likely will have no choice.

Probably so. But when we do play them - or those that are left - we will be playing them on our terms.

You may think it is stubborn and spiteful not to want to have anything to do with people who tried to kill you. I don't.

Hoping to lengthen our time away from the SPL by one or two years is just delaying the inevitable and won't make it any easier to deal with. They'll still call us all the names under the sun and we'll still hate the lot of them with a passion.

Oh, but it will make it easier to deal with; when we come back after two or three years, we'll be as big and strong as we ever were. They on the other hand will be penniless and broken without the Blue Pound to keep them alive.

Once upon a time you used to look forward to playing hearts, hibs, aberdeen and dundee utd, because they could often give you a good game and you respected them, even if you didn't like them. I really used to look forward to games against The Hearts, frequently mental, always enjoyable. Now, any respect has gone and I for one no longer just want to beat them on the field, I pretty much want to drive them all to the wall.

You can call that spiteful and maybe it is - but it's also justice.

Oh, but it will make it easier to deal with; when we come back after two or three years, we'll be as big and strong as we ever were. They on the other hand will be penniless and broken without the Blue Pound to keep them alive.

The longer we're not playing top flight football, the more financial harm done to our own club. Three years with massively reduced turnover. I'd like to know how that's going to make us stronger than ever.

It might end up being more beneficial to us short term. But its not even close to being a good enough reason.

I beg to differ. You're all talking (albeit hypothetically) about knocking back the chance to increase our incoming revenue by millions of pounds over the next couple of seasons so that we can give the SPL the finger and let them suffer financially without us, but there's a better way to make them suffer. Get back up as quickly as possible, get stronger as quickly as possible, win the 1st or 2nd place prize money as quickly as possible, start knocking them out of cups as quickly as possible, start taking only a small number of fans (compared to the past) to their stadiums for away games as quickly as possible and the list goes on....

We shouldn't be naive about how much a couple of million in extra revenue means to the club and the new owners and what Charles Green & co will be prepared to do to get it. They're already in the process of selling the stadium name to Sports Direct for what will undoubtedly be significantly less money than an immediate return to the top flight would generate.