hypothetical question

SPL wanted CG to hand in 5 Titles to go to Div 1 we said NO we went down all the fans wanted it start down from DIV 3

I would never have agreed with the club giving in to those or any similar demands, but I'd hope I'm not alone in saying I didn't 'want' to start from DIV 3.

things have changed mate. There's two clubs now teetering on the brink(Dunfermline & Hertz) and according to Leggat, Motherwell are surviving to the end of the season on the Supporters Trust's overdraft (not the account, the overdraft). Regards reconstruction Longmuir has yet to see the SKY deal Doncaster & Liewell signed last summer. Why won't they show him it ? I suspect we'll find out soon enough when it emerges a rather large section of the payment due at the end of this season is dependent on viewing figures which have bombed with us out of the top division. That's why I think we'll be back sooner rather than later. How it'll be done is the real issue

Do you honestly believe CG would just say yes we will come back to the SPL next season..?

Do you honestly think the Rangers Fans would want to go back to the SPL and be happy to subsidise SPL grounds next season it's still RAW maybe another 2-3 years might be different.

I couldn't care about Hearts, Motherwell, Dunfermline, or anybody else who is in trouble i won't be subsidising these clubs and i would imagine a lot bears feel the same.

I would never have agreed with the club giving in to those or any similar demands, but I'd hope I'm not alone in saying I didn't 'want' to start from DIV 3.

We had no choice against the corrupt.com we won our case not losing any titles.

I honestly think CG/Rangers would accept an invite to get back to the top league with certain deals,and I can understand their reasons,however the fans have felt the wrath of all other clubs and their fans,I don't think many fans would want a quick return as the only reason for any invite that would come would be simply cash,imagine if they didn't need our cash!.

So for me I wouldn't accept any invite,we need time out of the top division and are not ready to go back just yet. Fuck them all I say,the damage is done and we will be back but we will be back under our own steam and take our place in the top league in due course.

I honestly think CG/Rangers would accept an invite to get back to the top league with certain deals,and I can understand their reasons,however the fans have felt the wrath of all other clubs and their fans,I don't think many fans would want a quick return as the only reason for any invite that would come would be simply cash,imagine if they didn't need our cash!.

So for me I wouldn't accept any invite,we need time out of the top division and are not ready to go back just yet. Fuck them all I say,the damage is done and we will be back but we will be back under our own steam and take our place in the top league in due course.

I know what you mean. I don't like the idea of bailing them out either, but unfortunately it's not the ones who deserve to suffer the most who need bailing out.

I also don't think a longer period out of the top tier will help the team strengthen or the fans hatred subside.

I know what you mean. I don't like the idea of bailing them out either, but unfortunately it's not the ones who deserve to suffer the most who need bailing out.

I also don't think a longer period out of the top tier will help the team strengthen or the fans hatred subside.

I agree,and to be honest I'm not looking for anyone to suffer mate,after what we have been through gloating is not where I want to go,I simply don't have any sympathy just the same as nobody had any sympathy for us.

Absolute no for me. Why go backwards into the hate filled league. It will just be like what it was.

And thats not just a view of being bored of going against the SPL and its clubs, for the good of the club having 3 seasons out the SPL gives us a platform to build for the future, get the club in a healthy position so 3 years down the line we are ready to take it by storm. We have already wasted one season not putting in a new football philosophy, but there is still time to start this summer.

Anyway the clubs in Div3 play better football than the SPL also, Im sure Div 2 clubs will also.

Whilst Im all for forgiveness overall, people cant be to quick to forget 12 months ago when we were taking a battering. But trying to get us back not for sporting intergrity but for saving their own skins would be a total no for me.

With the current squad we'd struggle in the SPL - we've seen that with defeats from Inverness and Dundee Utd, the defence is absolute scary at times (although Id imagine Boca and Goian would return) but what happens if we went down? Would the SPL cancel relegation that season?

Absolute no from me:

1. Existing squad would be humiliated on a regular basis.

2. Even if the embargo was lifted, Ally would then go and buy a new squad, putting us back into the financial position that got us where we are today.

3. Even if Ally did this (and no guarantee that all signings are going to be a success going on track record), we would not be able to play in Europe for another few seasons yet.

4. Celtic would still canter to the league, with our presence giving them the legitimacy that this season's tainted title will never allow.

5. The gloating from the other teams fans (i.e. only there because we are the club of the ''establishment" whatever that may mean.)

6. The rawness of how we were treated, would almost certainly result in physical conflict when we play away from home. I would never want us to be branded as having a problem with "hooligans".

7. The bailing out of the diddy clubs by the power of the blue pound.

8. We will have missed out on an opportunity to implement a footballing philosophy and a vision for the club. We go back to finding short term solutions, driving us deeper and deeper into debt.

9. You still have Regan and Doncaster in place, with Liewell pulling their strings.

I do expect that at the very minimum we will be promoted to the second tier (should the 12-12-18 blueprint proceed). For all of their bizarre decisions to date, I do think that even they realise that Scottish football cannot survive without the Old Firm matches, and need to do everything possible to accelerate this, all within the ambit of 'sporting integrity'. They will quote the Stranraer precedent all imho of course.

On a sidenote, should they install the pyramid structire for next season, would that mean that any team entering admin is saved from the fall we suffered and are probably just relegated one league? Like what happened to Juve? Somesuch or alike regulation will sure be in the proposal for the new set-up, right?

So here is my hypothetical question - would you ;

Support an invitation back into the SPL?

Support an invitation back into the SPL but only if the signing ban was lifted?

Or tell them where to stick their invite?

I'd fully support an invitation back into the premier league with no conditions from our side so long as there weren't any conditions from their side.

We wouldn't need the transfer ban lifted because we could attract a few high quality out of contract players to get us through the first season back in the league quite comfortably.

We might not even finish in the top 3 initially, but the extra money we would make from broadcasting rights and sponsorship due to being back in the premier league would enable us to build a better quality of squad for a title challenge and potential European games in a couple of years time.

I think refusing an invitation would be primarily out of spite and I think that would be incredibly foolish.

Accepting an invitation back wouldn't mean having to forgive and forget. Our club could be boosting it's income and quality of playing squad due to the extra revenue while large numbers of our fans unofficially boycott away games.

We shouldn't care about getting stick from the fans of other clubs because that's inevitable anyway, so the sooner we get it over and done with, the better for everyone. Let's get all (or most) of the bullshit out of the way and move onwards and upwards ASAP.

It'll certainly stick in our craws that other clubs will benefit from our return, but ultimately it's of more benefit to us than it is to them.

The unfit for purpose league and association CEOs would still be bleeding money for old rope out of the Scottish game, but their day with their heads firmly on the chopping block will come.