yet another , nail on head article , from the guys at CRO.org

Crawford, Aird, Faure and Hemmings have not been regular at all this season. A regular presence on the bench maybe. An irregular sub appearance here and there, yes.

Aird - 15 league apps (11 as sub)

Crawford - 16 league apps (11 as sub)

Faure - 12 league apps (6 as sub)

Hemmings - 7 league apps for C/beath (Div1), 2 league apps Div3

With the exception of Hemmings, who has been injured & out on loan, the rest have been regularly involved in the 1st team.

getting 100% out of players is 80% of management. morinho, saf, moyes, pep all get 100% every week.

None of them are in our club's completely shitty situation in the bottom league of their club's country though, are they? There's an absolutely massive difference. In fact our situation can't be compared to very many other situations at all never mind the best managers at the top club's in Europe with their player wage budgets of 100's of millions. I'm tempted to make an analogy of your comparison, but I won't because it's pretty heartbreaking how low our club is at the moment and through no fault of Ally McCoist MBE I might add!

no one wants him to fail but he is.

we have to be sensible we cant keep him just because he was a great player.

Yes, we do have to be sensible and balanced and we can't just keep him because he was a great player.

We also shouldn't be continually using it as a stick to beat him with.

There's a lot to take into account here. The circumstances are what they are and the players, despite their limitations both individually and as a team should be producing better performances, but I think too many fans are taking the convenient route by blaming it all on Ally.

Aird - 15 league apps (11 as sub)

Crawford - 16 league apps (11 as sub)

Faure - 12 league apps (6 as sub)

Hemmings - 7 league apps for C/beath (Div1), 2 league apps Div3

With the exception of Hemmings, who has been injured & out on loan, the rest have been regularly involved in the 1st team.

...as fringe players in a small limited squad

Performance started to drop considerably BEFORE new of the financial stuff came out.

We have absolutely no idea when club staff started hearing internally that the club was in serious trouble and we might never find that out. No matter what the official policy is for club staff (and EX staff) discussing it, nobody will EVER convince me that senior club staff didn't know the club was in big trouble a LOT earlier than mid February when we went into administration. IMO Club staff who have stated otherwise since February last year and claimed they knew nothing about how Whyte was running the club had no choice but to lie about that.

None of them are in our club's completely shitty situation in the bottom league of their club's country though, are they? There's an absolutely massive difference. In fact our situation can't be compared to very many other situations at all never mind the best managers at the top club's in Europe with their player wage budgets of 100's of millions. I'm tempted to make an analogy of your comparison, but I won't because it's pretty heartbreaking how low our club is at the moment and through no fault of Ally McCoist MBE I might add!

none of them have the luxury of playing footballers v postmen no. but all of them started out in lower leagues IIRC or at least with reserve sides.

ally bought the players or gave them new contracts. he picks them. he coaches them he has to like any manager in any job motivate them or he will have to be replaced if he can't. its really that simple.

his job is to put a motivated team on the park.

where we are should make his job easier not harder. the fact it doesn't is a huge concern.

It's not that simple. Every game's a banana skin. The expectation levels aren't as high as they always were. They're higher because we're playing against part timers. Our opposition know their level and their limitations and are driven more than most to lift their game for the occassion. It's been said since the start of the season, but I'll say it again anyway - every game against us is like a cup final for teams at this level.