yet another , nail on head article , from the guys at CRO.org

none of them have the luxury of playing footballers v postmen no. but all of them started out in lower leagues IIRC or at least with reserve sides.

ally bought the players or gave them new contracts. he picks them. he coaches them he has to like any manager in any job motivate them or he will have to be replaced if he can't. its really that simple.

his job is to put a motivated team on the park.

I know what his job is gunslinger and you're completely (and conveniently) ignoring the extenuating circumstances. Our club is thankfully still here, but there's no arguing with the fact that it's in an incredibly shite situation through no fault of Ally's. It's not his fault we're playing in the 4th and lowest tier of Scottish football and it's not his fault that our players don't know which league they'll be playing in next season or if their title win this season will technically count for nothing or not. There's a whole list of other things wrong at the club which aren't Ally's fault either and it all adds up.

I know what his job is gunslinger and you're completely (and conveniently) ignoring the extenuating circumstances. Our club is thankfully still here, but there's no arguing with the fact that it's in an incredibly shite situation through no fault of Ally's. It's not his fault we're playing in the 4th and lowest tier of Scottish football and it's not his fault that our players don't know which league they'll be playing in next season or if their title win this season will technically count for nothing or not. There's a whole list of other things wrong at the club which aren't Ally's fault either and it all adds up.

im not ignoring it im telling you its an advantage to play against postmen instead of footballers. one we have failed to grasp.

It's not that simple. Every game's a banana skin. The expectation levels aren't as high as they always were. They're higher because we're playing against part timers. Our opposition know their level and their limitations and are driven more than most to lift their game for the occassion. It's been said since the start of the season, but I'll say it again anyway - every game against us is like a cup final for teams at this level.

players in every league lift their game to play rangers. we're fortunate that it's postmen lifting their game no internationals or we would be in real bother.

The biggest disappointment is that it's the same old Rangers. The Rangers where Supporters were tolerated, given a tit-bit when ST time came around, then any constructive criticism/advice towards the Club, whether on-field or off-field were met with indifference or ignored.

I thought after the summer, Rangers might have come to the conclusion that we the supporters are the most important part, that without us there would have been no Club.

Unfortunately it seems we have not moved forward, just more sound bites, about England this time. Is the ST season just around the corner?

To coin a common phrase from McCoist...."We are where we are", and we have been for the last 7 months approx. The only negative factor that has had a direct result on the playing squad in recent months is the transfer embargo, and in truth how many decent quality signing could/would we have made in January if possible???

From the information present, the club is financially sound and being run in the proper manner. There is the league reconstruction thing, but that effect every team in the league, not just us.

The fact is, we have a squad of players who are costing the club the 2nd highest wage bill in the country - we have individual players who's weekly wage is probably more than some of our oppositions entire monthly wage bill. Yet we are struggling to dominate these teams.

I think it is fair to say that the majority of the Div3 managers now have the measure of McCoist & his team - they know how he will set the team up to play, and they know how they should play in order to make it difficult for us. You could argue that all these teams raise their game against us....What's new in that??? The big question is "Why aren't our guys raising their game??"

The lack of pre-season excuse has long since lost any meaning, we are 3/4 of the way through the season. I also believe the novelty for the opposition of play us has long since worn off - we've played nearly every team at least 3 times now.

I have said before, I believe we have the makings of a good team, but something is just not right somewhere.....it's like have a 6-pack of beer, but missing the plastic bit to hold them together. I'm believe the manager is that plastic bit....

To coin a common phrase from McCoist...."We are where we are", and we have been for the last 7 months approx. The only negative factor that has had a direct result on the playing squad in recent months is the transfer embargo, and in truth how many decent quality signing could/would we have made in January if possible???

From the information present, the club is financially sound and being run in the proper manner. There is the league reconstruction thing, but that effect every team in the league, not just us.

The fact is, we have a squad of players who are costing the club the 2nd highest wage bill in the country - we have individual players who's weekly wage is probably more than some of our oppositions entire monthly wage bill. Yet we are struggling to dominate these teams.

I think it is fair to say that the majority of the Div3 managers now have the measure of McCoist & his team - they know how he will set the team up to play, and they know how they should play in order to make it difficult for us. You could argue that all these teams raise their game against us....What's new in that??? The big question is "Why aren't our guys raising their game??"

The lack of pre-season excuse has long since lost any meaning, we are 3/4 of the way through the season. I also believe the novelty for the opposition of play us has long since worn off - we've played nearly every team at least 3 times now.

I have said before, I believe we have the makings of a good team, but something is just not right somewhere.....it's like have a 6-pack of beer, but missing the plastic bit to hold them together. I'm believe the manager is that plastic bit....

we'll only have the makings of a good team when we add to the squad in MF & CB where we're seriously short at present

Guest alfiebass
No More Excuses, Ally

by Andy McKellar | Deputy Editor

The manager has quite rightly come in for considerable criticism for a number of reasons. Weâ??ve had to endure the constant deployment of a formation which quite simply isnâ??t working. Weâ??ve watched as our best striker is shunted onto the wings and weâ??ve had the misfortune of continually witnessing perennial underperformers retain their place in the team for no apparent reason.

So if the 19-21 year olds are underperforming who do you play in their places, 14-16 year olds? Why do you think they were so intent on implementing a transfer ban? It was to stop us getting any depth back into the squad after we lost around 25 or so players. In reality we are lucky if you would count any more than about seven of our squad as being 1st team quality, and out of that you're bound to lose at least two or three at any specific time to injury or suspension.

On the transfer front McCoist has been battling along with both hands tied behind his back since he became the manager so rather than print articles of this nature that to my mind do nothing other than to give encouragement to our opposition take a reality check and remember this is not the Rangers of old but a limited squad that for most of the season has been kicked silly by most teams in the division with little or no protection from the officials.