yet another , nail on head article , from the guys at CRO.org

Personally, I think the blame being so heavily weighted onto Ally is unfair. I'm not saying he's blameless by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think the blame game that's going on is off balance.

Certain aspects of training, plus match tactics, formations and player selection is Ally's job, but it's the players who are solely to blame when it comes to them not giving 100% effort and looking like they don't really give a shit.

I think there's a VERY high chance that the players are under-performing so often in this second half of the season because they already know they're winning the title and also because Stewart Regan's SFA & Neil Doncaster's SPL have turned Scottish football into a complete and utter shambles.

Not only do the players not know which league they'll be playing in next season, but they're being told there's a distinct possibility of them still being in the bottom league playing the same f~cking teams next season, which would render this season's efforts to win the 3rd division almost completely meaningless.

As I said, I'm not saying Ally is blameless by any means. In fact I'm not pleased at all with some of his team selections, formations, tactics etc, but I do think there's other factors that are influencing our players and they are factors which are completely outwith Ally's control.

If the players are slacking off to below par effort resulting in poor performances because the league's been won for ages and they're being told that they might still be playing in the bottom tier against the same teams again next season, I really don't think that's something Ally can do all that much about. He needs to be tough on them, but also try to maintain a level of team spirit and keep moral high in really shitty circumstances.

We all act like we know best, but it can't be easy at the club just now because the club might be through the worst period, but it's still not out of the shit and there's a long road ahead back to the top. Frankly, I think the best thing we can do is to continue supporting Ally and his players 100% and if we do that rather than turn on them they'll repay that loyalty back to us by trying harder and giving as much effort as they can muster.

Personally, I think the blame being so heavily weighted onto Ally is unfair. I'm not saying he's blameless by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think the blame game that's going on is off balance.

Certain aspects of training, plus match tactics, formations and player selection is Ally's job, but it's the players who are solely to blame when it comes to them not giving 100% effort and looking like they don't really give a shit.

I think there's a VERY high chance that the players are under-performing so often in this second half of the season because they already know they're winning the title and also because Stewart Regan's SFA & Neil Doncaster's SPL have turned Scottish football into a complete and utter shambles.

Not only do the players not know which league they'll be playing in next season, but they're being told there's a distinct possibility of them still being in the bottom league playing the same f~cking teams next season, which would render this season's efforts to win the 3rd division almost completely meaningless.

As I said, I'm not saying Ally is blameless by any means. In fact I'm not pleased at all with some of his team selections, formations, tactics etc, but I do think there's other factors that are influencing our players and they are factors which are completely outwith Ally's control.

If the players are slacking off to below par effort resulting in poor performances because the league's been won for ages and they're being told that they might still be playing in the bottom tier against the same teams again next season, I really don't think that's something Ally can do all that much about. He needs to be tough on them, but also try to maintain a level of team spirit and keep moral high in really shitty circumstances.

We all act like we know best, but it can't be easy at the club just now because the club might be through the worst period, but it's still not out of the shit and there's a long road ahead back to the top. Frankly, I think the best thing we can do is to continue supporting Ally and his players 100% and if we do that rather than turn on them they'll repay that loyalty back to us by trying harder and giving as much effort as they can muster.

I keep harping on about it mate,the players are more guilty than the manager,in most cases!.

the best managers get 100% out of their players every week. good ones get it often, managers who get it rarely get sacked.

Of course. There is no doubt that something is wrong,and it most certainly looks like Ally cannot get the best out of the players!.

and if he can't hes absolutely no use to us.

getting 100% out of players is 80% of management. morinho, saf, moyes, pep all get 100% every week.

then its 10% tactics and 10% getting the right players.

no one works harder than the barca players. etc etc

Generally, I would agree with this, however McCoist has now had 2 completely different sets of players in his time as manager, yet the fans are still talking about the SAME issues - sometimes you've got to look to the common denominator. Last season, the team started off well, building a healthy lead in the league, then lost it. Performance started to drop considerably BEFORE new of the financial stuff came out. Same again this season.....a decent start, not without its issues, but also a number of viable reasons. However as the season has progressed, the excuses have got thinner & thinner, but the performances haven't improved.

The squad has changed, formations have changed, team selections have changed, style of play & attitude have not changed. McCoist stated that his squad is at the bare bones, yet every one of the players today have been fairly regular this season - no emergency call ups from the reserves/youths.

What's the common denominator????

and if he can't hes absolutely no use to us.

getting 100% out of players is 80% of management. morinho, saf, moyes, pep all get 100% every week.

then its 10% tactics and 10% getting the right players.

no one works harder than the barca players. etc etc

That is why I am reluctantly leaning towards getting Ally out!

Generally, I would agree with this, however McCoist has now had 2 completely different sets of players in his time as manager, yet the fans are still talking about the SAME issues - sometimes you've got to look to the common denominator. Last season, the team started off well, building a healthy lead in the league, then lost it. Performance started to drop considerably BEFORE new of the financial stuff came out. Same again this season.....a decent start, not without its issues, but also a number of viable reasons. However as the season has progressed, the excuses have got thinner & thinner, but the performances haven't improved.

The squad has changed, formations have changed, team selections have changed, style of play & attitude have not changed. McCoist stated that his squad is at the bare bones, yet every one of the players today have been fairly regular this season - no emergency call ups from the reserves/youths.

That was going to be my point. He inherited a squad of league winners.

What confuses me is when he took charge of cup games under Walter the team looked attack minded yet now they dont. It could relate back to the other point that for those cup games he had a sensible / experienced head like Walter next to him and now his coaching team is lacking in this. Ive said 100 times this season not having a stronger assistant could cost him his managerial future.

Crawford, Aird, Faure and Hemmings have not been regular at all this season. A regular presence on the bench maybe. An irregular sub appearance here and there, yes.