John Gow - Time for Rangers and Green to part company

To be honest I actually don't think he does see it as all that bad he's a student of Walter, as for the players egos I'm sure there bank balance will out weigh any criticism they should have coming.

If he is telling people its not good enough he should also be telling us the bill payers the same, after all we live in this full disclosure world these days.

None of us know for sure what McCoist thinks unless we have spoken to him privately. At least he understands the need to keep certain things close to his chest unlike our motormouth CEO.

As for the players, whilst we may not care too much about their egos, and whilst we almost all believe that they very much under-achieved, do we REALLY want a mass clear out this pre-season ? Knowing that we still have a transfer embargo in place ? Surely the better thing to do is replace these guys as soon as you can, let the deadwood leave (with public best wishes) and move forward that way, as opposed to just hanging, drawing and quartering them in the press ?

I disagree, what he says to other club employees in the privacy of Murray Park is not something that he necessarily should be telling the fans. Clearly you just cant see the damage that can be done by telling the world that the team are shite - and maybe, just maybe, McCoist is trying to defend them because, unlike his CEO, he realises that he still needs to work with these players until he can replace them with better. Or maybe we just let them all hand in transfer requests and leave - yep, we will do well with a reserve side next year.

I'm more concerned with his actions than his words.

Every CEO talks up their club and while truth should be our byword, it's not been a surprise to see CG caught out more than once - perhaps not always deliberately but certainly enough to deserve strong criticism.

However, his actions by and large have been positive and while he's been awful in the media for last week, previously he has been pretty good. I think it's unfair to ignore the hard work he put in to buy the club, to defend it from an unprecedented onslaught, to secure investment and to achieve a successful IPO.

Again, Green deserves strong criticism (and I've been consistent in my criticism of him throughout his tenure) but I'm not convinced the club would benefit from sacking him. At this moment in time at least.

I accept your point of view, but can't fully agree mate. For a kick off, most of the hard work you speak of was done in order to put himself and his partners in a position to line their pockets with Rangers money. The benefits to the club from their hard work put into buying it and securing investment are yet to be seen and a lot of the defending Green has done which has helped him win over large sections of the fans has actually been playing to the gallery as a showman and to the point of it being embarrassing on numerous occasions.

I could mention financial stability but that gets turned around into a slagging as well usually, Green cutting costs to pay dividends, never mind the fact the club nearly died showing 'ambition'.

Mention financial stability then. I wont talk about cutting costs to pay dividends, not me.

We just posted a 7 million quid loss, correct ? What has been done to ensure that this is a one-off ? What happens if that level of loss continues ? I suspect the well is dry when it comes to investment funds for the club - so unless CG and Co start to improve revenue streams and/or cut costs then we could find ourselves in yet another period of financial uncertainty. What we currently have thanks to the IPO is welcome, but should not necessarily be seen as us being financially stable. Not just yet.

None of us know for sure what McCoist thinks unless we have spoken to him privately. At least he understands the need to keep certain things close to his chest unlike our motormouth CEO.

As for the players, whilst we may not care too much about their egos, and whilst we almost all believe that they very much under-achieved, do we REALLY want a mass clear out this pre-season ? Knowing that we still have a transfer embargo in place ? Surely the better thing to do is replace these guys as soon as you can, let the deadwood leave (with public best wishes) and move forward that way, as opposed to just hanging, drawing and quartering them in the press ?

I disagree, what he says to other club employees in the privacy of Murray Park is not something that he necessarily should be telling the fans. Clearly you just cant see the damage that can be done by telling the world that the team are shite - and maybe, just maybe, McCoist is trying to defend them because, unlike his CEO, he realises that he still needs to work with these players until he can replace them with better. Or maybe we just let them all hand in transfer requests and leave - yep, we will do well with a reserve side next year.

So Ally gets to play it close to his chest, but Green from Day 1 has been told we want to know it all and we want to know it yesterday, oh and by the way we want it done tomorrow. We are a football club why hasn't Ally been hounded day after day for his long term plans for the first team squad never mind the rest of football operations.

When Bain was in charge would we have expected him to tell us his plans for the football operations of course not, we wanted to hear from Walter, don't see why anything has changed.

So come on Ally give us your 5/10 year plan in detail for football operations then start shouting about getting backing from Green or whoever the CEO happens to be. Or as a lot of us suspect are you just looking for a blank cheque book and lets wing it and hope for the best

Mention financial stability then. I wont talk about cutting costs to pay dividends, not me.

We just posted a 7 million quid loss, correct ? What has been done to ensure that this is a one-off ? What happens if that level of loss continues ? I suspect the well is dry when it comes to investment funds for the club - so unless CG and Co start to improve revenue streams and/or cut costs then we could find ourselves in yet another period of financial uncertainty. What we currently have thanks to the IPO is welcome, but should not necessarily be seen as us being financially stable. Not just yet.

There appears to be plans to cut the wage bill, and another round of season tickets.

Charles has realised that in Scotland the CEO of Rangers is National NEws, every utterance is on the front or back page of the red tops.

To someone of CGs character I would think this was manna from heaven, a big jump from the Sheffield Telegraph.

There appears to be plans to cut the wage bill, and another round of season tickets.

We have proven previously that ST's dont cover expenses. That may or may not still be the case but it is reasonable to suggest that the expenses will still be more than a match for the expenses. So if we run at a loss again and see a net cash outflow again then that wouls suggest that we need to find more revenue streams which bring in profit.

Again, though, you are talking about ONE round of ST's - that is a very short-term approach to what needs to be a long term plan.

CG has given us all the moonbeams stuff - but we need to start seeing something tangible. I guess the screen replacements is a start.....

Charles has realised that in Scotland the CEO of Rangers is National NEws, every utterance is on the front or back page of the red tops.

To someone of CGs character I would think this was manna from heaven, a big jump from the Sheffield Telegraph.

You would also, though, given the accurate statement you make that he would be far more guarded in what he actually says every time a microphone is stuck in front of his face.

I am a little surprised that we arent unanimously holding him to a higher standard. Isnt too long ago that McCoist was taking pelters because he had the audacity to stand on the sidelines in tracksuit instead of lub suit and tie. Yet we seem to be OK with CG lying and making stupid public comments. (for the record I believe McCoist should be in club suit and tie....)

CG reminds me of O'Leary at Ryanair. Even bad publicity is good publicity to him but he does run an extremely successful company. However he thinks he IS Ryanair and can come out with some rubbish at times just to get in the headlines. At some point Ryanair will have to replace him with a less vocal, abrasive CEO as there comes a point when his ego is more a hindrance to the company than anything.

I can't see CG lasting any length of time at Rangers as he is the same as O'Leary and already he's causing more damage than good to our club.

Shame really as I wanted so much to believe he was the man to take us forward.

Edited by aftershock