Thank you Charles Green

i think we should wait to see if whyte does own the stadium and murray park before we get on our knees here.

: If you aren't named as the owner on the Land Register when the property is registered on the Land Register you aren't the owner.

: If you aren't named as the owner on the Land Register when the property is registered on the Land Register you aren't the owner.

i hope it's that simple. i doubt it but i hope so.

all i know is the only people telling us it isn't so are d@p and green both brought to the table by whyte. frankly i am moree worried now than i was last feb.

perhaps when we have staff and owners we can trust we wont need a manager whos only real attribute is he can be truted.

No, what you will find GS it that when we do get one YOU can trust, there will be another barrowload who will take up where you've left off, and we will be reading daily about how they've not to be trusted. And on and on the tedius side of being a Rangers fan in these modern times will continue.

No, what you will find GS it that when we do get one YOU can trust, there will be another barrowload who will take up where you've left off, and we will be reading daily about how they've not to be trusted. And on and on the tedius side of being a Rangers fan in these modern times will continue.

the attacks on p murray prove that to be true i am afraid.

any new staff will just have to earn trust of course.

Well I liked CG a lot, the way he fought for the club vocally against everyone was the best thing we've had for as long as I can remember.

Who knows what the truth is RE Whyte saga but all I can say is why didnt this come out 9 months ago! But if he shafted Whyte then so be it, that man needed shafted!

CG couldnt have imagined the bile that comes out of the Scottish media, Im sure we'll hear about it in his book.

For some reason I think we'll start to hear more from Traynor now.

RANGERS chief executive Charles Green dramatically walked away from Ibrox yesterday — less than a year after taking the reins.

He famously insisted when he seized control at Ibrox he would only leave once the club was in the Champions League.

But he was forced to quit his post following a torrid few weeks in the hotseat.

It’s understood he had to stand down after he was branded “toxic” by the Gers board.

Last night he admitted the drama around him has been an unwanted sideshow and thanked fans for their “tremendous support”. He said: “Recent events have undoubtedly been a distraction for myself and all involved with Rangers.

“I feel that it is appropriate that I step down so that the club can continue to progress back to where it belongs at the pinnacle of Scottish football.

“I am very proud to have been associated with a club of the stature of Rangers and am proud of the achievements of the club during my tenure as chief executive.

“My thanks go to the fans, whose support has been tremendous during my time at the club.”

Green has been fighting for his job since we revealed his links to fans’ hate figure, former owner Craig Whyte.

He faces an SFA and Ibrox probe after he confessed to The Scottish Sun he had shafted the tycoon to buy Rangers last year.

The tough-talking Yorkshireman is also under investigation over alleged racist remarks he made during a shock interview with the country’s No1 paper.

He had vowed to cling on to his post but it emerged furious fellow directors told him he had no future at the club.

Green failed to convince a string of board members — including Walter Smith and chairman Malcolm Murray — over his ties to Whyte. He was grilled by directors last Saturday and put on ‘gardening leave’ while the club launched a probe into his conduct.

Green — the club’s largest shareholder — fled to his home in France to keep out of the spotlight. But yesterday he quit his £360,000-a-year job as it became clear the club wanted him out.

His resignation was confirmed to the AIM stock exchange yesterday afternoon. It is thought his boardroom ally and commercial director Imran Ahmad will also quit.

A source revealed: “The board had lost all confidence in Green. His reputation has been damaged beyond all repair.” Rangers said Green will leave by the end of May. A club statement confirmed: “Charles Green has notified the board he wishes to step down as chief executive with immediate effect. Recent weeks have seen interest in the circumstances surrounding the period prior to the acquisition of the club by the consortium led by Mr Green.

“Whilst Mr Green strenuously denies any wrongdoing, he has recognised that this negative publicity is a distraction and is detracting from the achievements and reputation of the club.

“As a result, Mr Green has informed the board that he will leave his post with immediate effect and leave the company, following an orderly handover, by the end of May.”

Green bought five million ordinary shares in Rangers at 1p each as part of an agreement last October, making him the largest shareholder. But stock exchange rules means he can’t sell them until December this year.

His resignation comes after a public feud with Whyte, 42, who planned to launch a £50million legal battle against Green and Ahmad for control of the club. The Scottish Sun obtained secret recordings Whyte made in meetings with the pair.

We told how he paid cash into Ahmad’s MUM’S bank account to mask his role in the Ibrox buy-out.

Following yesterday’s announcement, chairman Murray thanked Green for stepping down as chief executive.

He said: “Charles Green was instrumental in helping to secure financial stability for the club. The impact he had in turning the club around from the dark days of last summer will never be forgotten by the fans who I am sure, like me, will thank him for this and for choosing to put the club ahead of his personal position.”

Last night Gers fans were stunned by the latest bombshell in the Ibrox saga.

Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, said: “It’s only very recently that he was saying, ‘I’m here for the long haul’ and that we had lots of potential. It’s the last thing we need. We’re almost back to where we started. He is only an individual, but he was a key individual in driving the club forward so from that point of view it stops us in our tracks. It begs the question — what happens now?”

John Macmillan, General Secretary of Rangers Supporters’ Association, added: “The fact he decided to step down maybe tells a story in itself. He’s clearly a clever man, but at times he seems to think with his mouth rather than his head.” Fans also took to internet forums in a frenzy of contrasting reactions to the news.

IanDurrant10 posted: “His position is untenable. I’m glad that he’s gone.”

But Ally-C said: “Thank you Charles Green. You have done a good job, you stood up for the club and the supporters.”

Last night Craig Whyte refused to comment.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4895862/Charles-Green-quits-as-Rangers-chief-executive.html#ixzz2Qym8thkc

A source revealed: â??The board had lost all confidence in Green. His reputation has been damaged beyond all repair.â?

Such leaks concern me more than any bluster of Green.

I'm not sure how "the company" works right now, but one would hope that Smith gets Ian McColl* on board now, so we have a strong figure behind the club, a figure who steadies the ship on a business -side.

*Not as CEO, of course. (Though I assume someone like McColl would know a CEO of his liking.)

Edited by der Berliner