Civil War Says The DR

No, just trying to get some consistency. People want Rangers men but Rangers men want to put us in debt again.

I don't doubt your sincerity but I really feel you're misguided on this subject.

I can't think of a single club who are successful by any stretch of that word and are run to produce a profit for the people who own them. Man Utd are probably the closest but they have such enormous debt that they are hardly the model to follow. The previous owners of Liverpool came close to putting them out of business, the current owner has been far more prudent but you couldn't describe them as successful currently.

As for your list Southampton were in administration less than three years ago, they were bought by an eccentric millionaire who bankrolled them out of League 1 and then died leaving them a legacy which they invested wisely. There current ownership structure is less than opaque, belonging to his family estate, they however have taken nothing out of the club so far as anyone can tell.

Bolton and Newcastle only make agents money, their owners are owed millions of pounds, money they are very unlikely to see again. Newcastle are hovering precariously over the relegation zone too.

Cardiff are interesting. You at least acknowledge they 'might have gone too far' which is the understatement of the year. They have sold their soul, they are the epitome of all that is wrong with football just now. They are the plaything of a far eastern 'businessman' with a fairly shady background and who is intent of using Cardiff to further his political ambitions in Malaysia. If Rangers ever did what Cardiff have done I'd give up on football.

Rangers men want to put us in debt? Is this is a stated aim they have, where are you getting that from and who are these Rangers men?

I can also ask the question of how many clubs are owned by owners doing it for the love of it all and desiring no return? There's varying examples of how businessmen work but the bottom line is football is very much a business these days.

The vast majority in this country.

Football has been a business in this country for well over a century, what businessmen get out of it is usually an ego trip, perhaps a higher profile and the opportunity to impress a few of their peer group. But the vast majority of them get no tangible return, the vast majority have an attachment to the club usually through having been a supporter at some level. Almost all will lose considerable amounts of money, there are exceptions but not many. I've witnessed at first hand three separate businessmen lose fortunes funding Scottish football clubs, all three of them were smart, successful and fairly wealthy before football robbed them of their commonsense. They got very little success on the field and absolutely no gratitude from their support.

But with respect STB this isn't what you meant. You seem to be under the illusion that football clubs can be run like other 'normal' businesses, they can't, they aren't normal businesses.

Jobs for the boys yet again Walter. Poor show.

Right now, the club needs stability and bringing in someone like Bain who already knows how to run it maybe shouldn't be so easily dismissed. I'm not saying he would be the best option, but I don't think Walter would have suggested Martin Bain simply because of a jobs for the boys attitude. Walter wants what's best for Rangers and if he thinks bringing back Bain at this time would be an idea worth considering, then maybe it is.