BBC Scotland and SPL agree 3-year deal incl. Rangers games

It looks like the most impartial and objective TV and radio station has done a deal with the toxic authority ... despite not knowing whether the latter will survive much longer.

I wonder how the SPL can deal in SFL games including Rangers ...

BBC Scotland and SPL agree new TV, radio and online deal

BBC Scotland has agreed a new three-year deal with the Scottish Premier League to cover matches across television, radio and online.

The contract begins in season 2013/14.

The deal allows BBC Scotland to broadcast TV highlights on Sportscene, cover matches live on BBC Radio Sotland's Sportsound and publish match highlights on the BBC Sport website.

Live TV match coverage is provided by Sky and from this summer BT Vision will take over ESPN's rights until 2017.

BBC Scotland has been covering Scottish football's top tier continuously for the past six years.

The new deal also means BBC Scotland can continue to provide up to 10 live radio commentaries each season of Rangers' games and post the club's match highlights online.

BBC News

We arent an SPL member, so how the fck can they have our games unless the SFL allow them to ?

Questions must be asked on this surely ?

I guess the 5 way agreement covered out TV and radio rights for more than 1 year.

Blackmailing bastards!

I guess the 5 way agreement covered out TV and radio rights for more than 1 year.

Blackmailing bastards!

And, if so, that also makes Green a lying bastard too !

This has snuck under the radar a bit! Out of all the threads in Rangers chat that should be in this room, this one should probably be in Rangers chat.

Like Craig says, questions have to be asked and answered on this! We're being used here.

We don't own our own TV rights - the SFL do so they must have sold them to the SPL in the first instance.

I'd fancy CG probably tried to take ownership of these at some point but failed under the terms of the agreement above.