NEW: SFL Clubs Breakaway to From Championship (SPFL2)

Yes, but I meant re the breakaway plan - what if the team who replace them in SFL1 don't agree with the new plan to betray the SFL and don't sign?

It's like Gribz was saying on the other thread.

It's going to get messy.

Guest JCS

Like many others, I believe that we will receive an invitation to join a new 'Championship' and, like many others, I believe we should decline the invitation. If anyone really believes that the SFA/SPL, and all of our other enemies and detractors, are going to apologise (either publicly or privately) they are extremely naive. Any thought of the withdrawal of the unlawful transfer ban is also naive. Do you really believe that the likes of Regan, Doncaster, Lawwell, Thompson Petrie et al are suddenly going to bury the hatchet and let bygones be bygones. We have never been able to trust these people - certainly not over the past 2 years - so why do you think we can trust them now? If we are to stay in Scottish football - and that is inevitable in my view - then we must work our way back through the divisions - that is what sporting integrity means. It doesn't mean abandoning those that helped us when we were at our lowest ebb and assailed on all sides by the SFA and the SPL. If the Championship is formed and the current Div 1 clubs unilaterally resign their membership then we must support the SFL in its legal challenge whilst carefully considering our options in respect of TV rights etc.

I've seen a couple of polls - ours and FF. Now I know that we're not the whole fan base. However, I know a wee bit about polls and when you see results like 80/20 against, it's pretty obvious how the whole fan base would vote

Actually the more I think about it, I think the Club should be asking us what we want. Failing that, then RST, the Assembly and all the forums etc.

Like many others, I believe that we will receive an invitation to join a new 'Championship' and, like many others, I believe we should decline the invitation. If anyone really believes that the SFA/SPL, and all of our other enemies and detractors, are going to apologise (either publicly or privately) they are extremely naive. Any thought of the withdrawal of the unlawful transfer ban is also naive. Do you really believe that the likes of Regan, Doncaster, Lawwell, Thompson Petrie et al are suddenly going to bury the hatchet and let bygones be bygones. We have never been able to trust these people - certainly not over the past 2 years - so why do you think we can trust them now? If we are to stay in Scottish football - and that is inevitable in my view - then we must work our way back through the divisions - that is what sporting integrity means. It doesn't mean abandoning those that helped us when we were at our lowest ebb and assailed on all sides by the SFA and the SPL. If the Championship is formed and the current Div 1 clubs unilaterally resign their membership then we must support the SFL in its legal challenge whilst carefully considering our options in respect of TV rights etc.

We won't get an invite. The cabal want us in the lowest division possible to allow Liewell's Sellik entry to CL every year. All they want us for is TV rights. This farce must be challenged and the SKY deal sabotaged

and how do you suggest the SKY deal be sabotaged?

Advise SKY we do not wish our games televised as we receive little or no money from them as a result of the stitch-up by the SPL/SFA cabal.

Refuse to co-operate with SKY and deny them access to Ibrox.

I actually believe SKY would sympathise with our plight & force change

Advise SKY we do not wish our games televised as we receive little or no money from them as a result of the stitch-up by the SPL/SFA cabal.

Refuse to co-operate with SKY and deny them access to Ibrox.

I actually believe SKY would sympathise with our plight & force change

I don't think that would work. However, the guilt thing would probably work if it was well enough publicised - down south. We would have to get accurate figures though.

I've not read every post on this topic, so I'll apologise in advance if this question has already been asked and answered.

Does anybody believe that we(Rangers) are involved in any of this? Is there a chance these moves towards an SPL2 have been initiated by any deals that have been done by ourselves and the powers that be?