NEW: SFL Clubs Breakaway to From Championship (SPFL2)

I've had a think about this and am no longer agnostic. You can now call me an atheist.

We should not go along with this IF we are invited.

Reasons?

1 - we owe the clubs in the SFL. They took us in when they didn't need to. There are clubs in the SPL2 now preparing for us to visit them twice a year next season. Their fans are getting hyped about visiting the best stadium in Scotland twice next season. Their owners are looking forward to the financial windfall. Let's not take that away from these clubs. I would really find that distasteful.

2 - the people who will be in charge still despise us, and have no coordinated vision for the future of Scottish football whatsoever. They have a coordinated vision for their own survival. Let them share that without the Blue Pound.

3 - we would never live down the taunts of cheating. We must be seen to take our medicine - even if we were the victims and were wrongly accused. History is fickle. We may yet see some evidence of the real fraud behind what has happened to us

Just my take - I'm sure there are many other reasons - but for this Bear, no thanks, let's do it by the book.

The Hamilton chairman was on the radio saying that a redistribution of wealth was crucial. Where is the wealth?

If the existing SPL clubs do find that they can find some wealth to be redistributed amongst the lower league clubs, presumably Rangers should be included as a beneficiary!

True, but there could be a justification from OUR board that the correct thing to do from a financial perspective is to continue to work our way up. And the board could justify it simply.... our fans will en masse not renew ST's in the event we accept an invitation - and they are the financial lifeblood of the club - the fiduciary duty would be fulfilled if the club believe they are giving up more money (ST's) by accepting an invite than we would be gaining (sponsorship etc).

Why doesn't the Club canvas the fans? Every other bloody Club in Scotland does. When it suits their purposes.

Why doesn't the Club canvas the fans? Every other bloody Club in Scotland does. When it suits their purposes.

If they use the Gersnet poll as a yardstick they wont be accepting the invite anytime soon.... Currently the poll has 72% rejecting any invite and 20% accepting with the remainder on the fence.

The Hamilton chairman was on the radio saying that a redistribution of wealth was crucial. Where is the wealth?

If the existing SPL clubs do find that they can find some wealth to be redistributed amongst the lower league clubs, presumably Rangers should be included as a beneficiary!

Where is the wealth ? that's an easy one. It's the TV money Rangers won't get. All these parasite clubs (such as Hamilton) are desperate to get their hands on it.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Where is the wealth ? that's any easy one. It's the TV money Rangers won't get. All these parasite clubs (such as Hamilton) are desperate to get their hands on it.

Exactly so. If only there were a way of blocking this theft

You would think we are a charity the way these parasites come a-begging .

Exactly so. If only there were a way of blocking this theft

It's now a question of waiting & seeing what the rest of the SFL & Longmuir do now. Will they roll over and simply accept the SPL as the ruling body in Scottish football ? because if this goes thro' then the balance of power will have switched over to the SPL who'll have more clubs than the SFL. The SFL's existence may be under threat.

I hope that the SFL may at long last grow a pair and sabotage the SKY deal which basically involves an SFL associate member club(Rangers) subsidising SPL clubs via the SKY deal whereby the SPL gets a disproportionate share of the TV money based on viewing figures. Will they let this continue ? They should tell the SPL(&their SFA partners in crime) they want to withdraw from the current SKY deal and renegotiate their own. Just see what would happen then.

You would think we are a charity the way these parasites come a-begging .

We're seen as a soft touch. That is the problem. We had a CEO who was prepared to stand up for the club but he's gone now. I know nothing about Craig Mather but he's got one hell of a job on his hands I think. Rangers are subsidising the SPL parasites via the SKY deal and other commercial contracts. This has got to stop.