Ally eyes four deals

ALLY McCOIST was locked in budget talks last night as he tried to get FOUR transfer deals completed.

Rangers gaffer Coisty will continue his summit with chief executive Craig Mather today.

The Division Three champions will confirm the Bosman deal for Kilmarnock keeper Cammy Bell within days.

And McCoist also wants to seal deals with Nicky Clark, Nicky Law and Jon Daly this week.

Queen of the South strike star Clark â?? the son of former Ibrox star Sandy â?? is closest to penning a pre-contract with the Light Blues.

Gers face stiff competition to land the signatures of the Motherwell midfielder Law and Dundee United captain Daly.

Birmingham are keen on Law, while MK Dons are among a string of clubs watching Daly.

But McCoist is seeking guarantees from Mather that Gers can meet the financial demands of his top targets. He initially wanted to confirm the deals before Gersâ?? season ended ten days ago.

Boardroom turmoil, including the exit of Matherâ??s predecessor Charles Green, has caused delays.

As SunSport exclusively revealed yesterday, Ibrox chairman Malcolm Murray is being booted out of Ibrox amid claims he leaked club secrets.

But McCoist is eager to focus on on-field matters by bolstering his squad for a challenging season in Division Two.

And he hopes his latest round of cash talks with Mather will lead to a successful conclusion to the four deals in the near future.

None of the prospective players can be registered until September 1 due to the clubâ??s on-going transfer embargo.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4926728/Ally-McCoist-eyes-four-deals.html#ixzz2TFLOdl88

No sign of a central defender unless we class Daly as such. I guess we'll need to move on Boca, Goian and Cribari before we can do any business in defence.

It's the defence Ally should looking at, Daly at centre half doesn't do it for me.

It's the defence Ally should looking at, Daly at centre half doesn't do it for me.

I'd agree with that.

In saying that Faure has done quite well recently so if Perry can get his act together and/or Ally is confident in Hegarty then he may not feel we require another body there.

The need for defensive reinforcements is obvious and I hope McCoist has targets in mind but I guess you can only sign players as and when they become available. Perhaps the four mentioned are keener to get their futures sorted out.

I'd agree with that.

In saying that Faure has done quite well recently so if Perry can get his act together and/or Ally is confident in Hegarty then he may not feel we require another body there.

If that is even remotely true frankie then my last remaining glimour of hope for Ally will disappear completely.

I just can't see Perry as a Rangers player.

When playing alongside Weir he looked a decent prospect but I'd agree he's struggled since - possibly due to injury and attitude.

The potential is there with the lad but we'll have to see if he can make it.