Ally eyes four deals

I really can't see us losing 12m a year. We've already cut our player costs by something like £28m a year and with other lower costs we should get by on a turnover of about £20-25m. I'm sure gate receipts alone must be at least £15m.

It would be comforting to know for sure, though

Ha!,ok,let's just not sign anyone!...........................

For the division we are going into, we really shouldn't need to. We have a number of international players, a number of players with top flight and even European experience (which of our rivals can say so?) We are in one of the lowest standard professional leagues that exist, our opponents will be on peanuts, playing as a hobby. The experienced pros we have should be guiding the promising youngsters into their careers.

For the division we are going into, we really shouldn't need to. We have a number of international players, a number of players with top flight and even European experience (which of our rivals can say so?) We are in one of the lowest standard professional leagues that exist, our opponents will be on peanuts, playing as a hobby. The experienced pros we have should be guiding the promising youngsters into their careers.

To suggest we don't sign anyone is ludicrous IMO,why would we not want to sign good/better players?,we want to be able to compete/win the cups no?. Maybe we should just keep the illegal transfer embargo for good?.

To suggest we don't sign anyone is ludicrous IMO,why would we not want to sign good/better players?,we want to be able to compete/win the cups no?. Maybe we should just keep the illegal transfer embargo for good?.

Oh yeah, that's really what I said. Not.

I was talking about the league we are in and the quality we have already in our squad - we should be able to walk it.

As a club, our "buy" rather than "build" mentality surely to God has to change now after all we have been through?

Edited by SteveC

Oh yeah, that's really what I said. Not.

I was talking about the league we are in and the quality we have already in our squad - we should be able to walk it.

As a club, our "buy" rather than "build" mentality surely to God has to change now after all we have been through?

Of course you never said that,and I never said you did.

But as a football club you have to buy players so what you're saying is we shouldn't?. Buying and then selling is the name of the game,we need a bigger squad simples,over spending is not what I am saying though,we need to bring some players in to build a squad. The current squad has had nothing but criticism this season so nobody wants to go through the same next season. Of course we should not spend money we don't have but we do need to spend some money to get new faces in and add a bit of pressure for places.

Of course you never said that,and I never said you did.

But as a football club you have to buy players so what you're saying is we shouldn't?. Buying and then selling is the name of the game,we need a bigger squad simples,over spending is not what I am saying though,we need to bring some players in to build a squad. The current squad has had nothing but criticism this season so nobody wants to go through the same next season. Of course we should not spend money we don't have but we do need to spend some money to get new faces in and add a bit of pressure for places.

Agreed! I know it sounds odd but I do generally agree. However, I just was (am) worried that we are still spending more than we earn and have wage bill astronomically bigger than anyone has or will ever ever have for where we find ourselves and yet are still desperate for signings. It is Stenhousemuir and co we are facing, after all.

What we need is entertainment, so I'd forget about strengthening the defence and buy in more attacking players and actually play an all out attacking game next season. I'd rather watch 4-3 5-3 and 6-3 games than the 0-1 1-1 and 1-2 drab encounters of last year