Ally eyes four deals

Regarding Daly, he's been used regularly at the back, as has been McCulloch. This season showed that we look rather weak in this department and I for one am not disappointed in getting a utility player who can a) throw himself about in our penalty area with some enthusiasm (whether as a defender or a supporting striker), as well as b) is able to cope with the tall central defenders of the opposition ... something we lacked this season, not least when McCulloch was injured. In essence, McCoist fills two back-up positions at once, while we sure do not know Ally's preferred plans with Daly. Lining up Clark as well might give us a hint though.

Regarding Daly, he's been used regularly at the back, as has been McCulloch. This season showed that we look rather weak in this department and I for one am not disappointed in getting a utility player who can a) throw himself about in our penalty area with some enthusiasm (whether as a defender or a supporting striker), as well as b) is able to cope with the tall central defenders of the opposition ... something we lacked this season, not least when McCulloch was injured. In essence, McCoist fills two back-up positions at once, while we sure do not know Ally's preferred plans with Daly. Lining up Clark as well might give us a hint though.

I wold prefer we sign a CB to play CB rather than a ST to play CB, and at SPL wages too.

Sign someone to actually play the position they usually play - it isnt rocket science.

We don't have a big squad so if we do get Daly then I believe he'll be an excellent signing for us(injury permitting) as he can play at the back & up front. I'd still like to see a couple of midfielders coming in along with a CB.

Getting good players is essential! What if we draw Celtic in one of the cups.. Do we really want to be embarrassed? I agree with ally Getting big daly & Clarke But we are in much need of defenders...

TBH id be more worried about Allys tactics against any SPL side if we draw them in the cup. Our strongest XI as it stands should be good enough to at least compete with the other 11 SPL teams.

I see the cups as a bonus again this season. We are still handicapped in that we can only sign out of contract players and this is our actual first FULL season which includes a pre-season, so once again promotion and laying a foundation is the priorities. Ramsden Cup should be taken a bit more seriously this season seen as its the 1 cup we dont have in the trophy room. We'll get plenty more Scottish and League cups in the future again.

I wold prefer we sign a CB to play CB rather than a ST to play CB, and at SPL wages too.

Sign someone to actually play the position they usually play - it isnt rocket science.

No rocket science indeed (and quite a few Rangers managers have left me wondering these last 30odd years). I assume that McCoist has to "deal with" Goian and Bocanegra first though, both have AFAIK 12 months to run.

No rocket science indeed (and quite a few Rangers managers have left me wondering these last 30odd years). I assume that McCoist has to "deal with" Goian and Bocanegra first though, both have AFAIK 12 months to run.

Maybe it is just me but I dont think Boca will be too difficult to deal with. Goian may be different though.

I am OK if we take Daly - as a Striker, his natural position. That was my point, not about which position we should look to get in, but more that we should look to get players in for their natural position.

We need to strengthem the TEAM, not just the squad. And especially at the back we look worse than mediocre, even in SFL3 - so we could be doing with 2 CB's where that is actually their position, rather than shoe-horning a striker in there.

Law and Clark would be very decent additions I think at least for Div 1 & 2. Daly would certainly do a job in those two divisions too and would give us a bit of aggresion up front. IMO we can be a bit weak there