Board Meeting today - apparently

Sorry but how exactly does that work? Surely the players and management dictate whether you enjoy games? Surely the actual football games are one of the few things that are separate from the boardroom, a form of escapism if you like?

I'm not being smart and i'm not trying to start another Green is good or bad debate, I just don't see how the owners can stop you enjoying a game of sport.

totally agree....Match day should give everyone 90mins break from anything going on in the boardroom.

Sorry but how exactly does that work? Surely the players and management dictate whether you enjoy games? Surely the actual football games are one of the few things that are separate from the boardroom, a form of escapism if you like?

I'm not being smart and i'm not trying to start another Green is good or bad debate, I just don't see how the owners can stop you enjoying a game of sport.

What we saw on the field last season, was symptomatic of what's happening at boardroom level. A manager and players all getting paid much more than they are worth for under-performing. If that's what floats your boat, then fill your boots, and enjoy away. Not enjoying something isn't the same as not supporting the club.

We, as a support have always had a fairly rough ride from the club, but at least they usually delivered a decent team on the pitch, and genuine success. This new mob are taking ripping the piss to a new level. Our club was losing a million a month to watch that dross? Sorry if that upsets you, and others, but it's the truth.

The board room appeared fairly stable for most of the season and I fail to see any connection between the recent boardroom turmoil and the performances on the pitch.

Indeed, until Whyte came out with his tapes in April there really was little turmoil if any.

Edited by simplythebest

The board room appeared fairly stable for most of the season and I fail to see any connection between the recent boardroom turmoil and the performances on the pitch.

I never said anything about the "recent" boardroom turmoil, but if you think that what happens at boardroom level, doesn't affect the product on the pitch, it kinda explains why we are in this sorry state. A perfect example is all our decent players bolting because they could see what a shower of chancers the new regime were. Another example would be how our form died away during admin last year. Boardroom strife, and the wrong people at the helm, can and does produce dire football teams. Only the fact that we play in the worst league in Europe hid that fact, this season.

Watching a team as poor as Dundee Utd make us look like a pub team, was probably the most depressing match I've ever watched. It wasn't a one-off either. We have become a cash cow, for utter snakes and people impersonating footballers.

Indeed, until Whyte came out with his tapes in April there really was little turmoil if any.

In public, maybe, but who knows what goes on behind the doors. It's only coming to light now because of the power struggle, and everyone blabbing like wee lassies.

I never said anything about the "recent" boardroom turmoil, but if you think that what happens at boardroom level, doesn't affect the product on the pitch, it kinda explains why we are in this sorry state

So my thoughts explain why we are in this sorry state? I didn't realise I had so much influence :D

A perfect example is all our decent players bolting because they could see what a shower of chancers the new regime were.

So that was the reason that they didn't transfer across and it was nothing to do with the fact that they didn't want to play in the 3rd division and could get great deals on free transfers?

Another example would be how our form died away during admin last year. Boardroom strife, and the wrong people at the helm, can and does produce dire football teams.

I do have sympathy with this. It can have an impact, as it probably did last season when the mangement and presumably the players learnt that Jelavic was being sod in january. However I still fail to see why that should have any impact on this season.

In public, maybe, but who knows what goes on behind the doors. It's only coming to light now because of the power struggle, and everyone blabbing like wee lassies.

Everything may not have been perfect behind closed doors (is it ever?) but I'd say it's pretty obvious the Whyte situation, coupled with 'Pakigate' brought about the cluster fuck and kicked off the power struggles.

I never said anything about the "recent" boardroom turmoil, but if you think that what happens at boardroom level, doesn't affect the product on the pitch, it kinda explains why we are in this sorry state. A perfect example is all our decent players bolting because they could see what a shower of chancers the new regime were. Another example would be how our form died away during admin last year. Boardroom strife, and the wrong people at the helm, can and does produce dire football teams. Only the fact that we play in the worst league in Europe hid that fact, this season.

Watching a team as poor as Dundee Utd make us look like a pub team, was probably the most depressing match I've ever watched. It wasn't a one-off either. We have become a cash cow, for utter snakes and people impersonating footballers.

Our form collapsed over two months before administration happened, in hindsight I keep seeing people say 'they must have known in advance' yet Ally and the players have always insisted they were shocked and hearing at the same time as the rest of us when it came to that day in February, so i'm skeptical. The players who bolted left for a variety of reasons. I'm not so keen to get into this old debate but I don't see how you can believe that there wasn't at least some greed and seeking personal gain involved, even if they had doubts about Green etc there's no way that they were determined to stay and that was the only factor that stopped them. Walking out on their contracts made it far easier for them to get the moves they wanted and receive large signing on fees, the vast majority of footballers are mercenaries.

I'm sorry but by this logic you seem to be using players and management would NEVER take responsibility, it's all the boardroom's fault. Footballers are overpaid all over the world and clubs make losses all over the world, this isn't some unique Rangers situation. You said you didn't enjoy one game last season, in terms of the performances I generally agree but what stopped you enjoying the likes of Motherwell and Alloa?

I can understand your frustrations on the whole but I think you're trying to create too many links here and just searching for more sticks to beat the ownership with.

Edited by simplythebest

I do have sympathy with this. It can have an impact, as it probably did last season when the mangement and presumably the players learnt that Jelavic was being sod in january. However I still fail to see why that should have any impact on this season.

We'd been dealing with the situation of players being up for sale for a while, the lack of any replacement for Jelavic at all, even a cheap one, was probably the most disturbing thing.

As I alluded to in an above post, while many seem to insist the players must have had prior knowledge about administration and that explains the dip in form that started in November, they themselves always seem to have insisted Whyte shocked them when he walked in an announced it and said they had not a clue about him not paying the bills etc. Football did lose priority that season once administration hit but in terms of the loss of form prior to it, I don't think they can have it both ways.