Keith Jackson - D Day At Rangers This Week

In his interview on STV, Green was extremely wary of saying how much was left and grabbed the chance to say "definitely double digits" like a drowning man grabbing at a straw. seemed obviously then we had 12 at the most (if you watch the interview you'll see what I mean) and probably less. A number of sources a month later put it at circa 10 and since then it has been quoted at less. All making sense if we were shipping a million a month when we had income coming in (unlike now).

As to where it could have gone - your kidding, right?

PS Just in case that sounds rude, I meant that added to the 7 million we were said to have lost between the IPO and season end on club running costs, we are by a number of crooks and asset strippers so I can't imagine they've taken nothing.

Even without that, with no income at the moment, the losses will be piling up, plus investigation fees, pay-offs to people who have left/are leaving...

I know he is a Scottish journalist and therefore unreliable but Keech Jackson clearly has sources inside Ibrox and I think he was saying we had 8 million left a couple of weeks ago (I stress "think" - my memory is not so good these days.)

Absolutely not mate, where has the IPO money gone? It wasn't supposed to be for running costs, was it?

Running costs, salaries, investigation fees, pay-offs etc etc should all be coming out of our turnover, not IPO money. What would we have done had we not had a share issue?

That's why I added the PS.

It was promised not to be used for running costs, but that was just one of many promises. Empty words saying what we wanted to hear - add it to the very long list.

Without the IPO we'd have gone back into administration.

Forllanssister seems to have a a good insight into what is going on financially. Perhaps she (if "sister" indicates thusly) will see this and give you a better answer than I can.

Basically my answer is in my PS above. We were spending a million a month more than we were earning - will be losing more now. The IPO was being used to cover this, I presume, (where else would the money come from?) as the amounts we are reported to have left can be explained by that and other deductions and personal payments.

That's why I added the PS.

It was promised not to be used for running costs, but that was just one of many promises. Empty words saying what we wanted to hear - add it to the very long list.

Without the IPO we'd have gone back into administration.

Forllanssister seems to have a a good insight into what is going on financially. Perhaps she (if "sister" indicates thusly) will see this and give you a better answer than I can.

Basically my answer is in my PS above. We were spending a million a month more than we were earning - will be losing more now. The IPO was being used to cover this, I presume, (where else would the money come from?) as the amounts we are reported to have left can be explained by that and other deductions and personal payments.

I was under the impression the £1m a month losses which was only for the first 6 months trading included several large one off payments and wages for players no longer here?

Also, i would love to know why we are once again living outwith our means? Why was Ally given such a huge budget to work with when the club only needed a fraction of that to achieve it's number one objective? And i imagine investors will not be pleased that all that money has basically been pissed up against a wall just like our hundreds of millions in turnovers from the last decade under different regimes. Doesn't matter who our manager is, who is in the boardroom these days, it seems to be the same messy cycle every single year.

forlanssister is male I think.

I believe the reference to forlans sister is due to both she and Gernet's forlanssister being wheelchair bound. I believe that is correct.

forlanssister is male I think.

I believe the reference to forlans sister is due to both she and Gernet's forlanssister being wheelchair bound. I believe that is correct.

Ah, I see - many thanks. "He", then, can hopefully answer Super Cooper as I know he can do it better than me.

I was under the impression the £1m a month losses which was only for the first 6 months trading included several large one off payments and wages for players no longer here?

Also, i would love to know why we are once again living outwith our means? Why was Ally given such a huge budget to work with when the club only needed a fraction of that to achieve it's number one objective? And i imagine investors will not be pleased that all that money has basically been pissed up against a wall just like our hundreds of millions in turnovers from the last decade under different regimes. Doesn't matter who our manager is, who is in the boardroom these days, it seems to be the same messy cycle every single year.

Re paragraph one: Yes, that was what we were told (again, huge amount of salt needed when we are told anything) but there have been a lot of out of the ordinary payments since then too so to add to what was quoted as 7 million then you have payments to directors, for investigators and although the figure post those six months may not have been specified (I never saw it anyway) it was repeatedly said that we were still running at a loss every month.

Re paragraph two: I can only concur. And with that am signing off for the night with a heavy heart again....although D'Artagnan fair gave me a glimmer of hope earlier for at least some justice

Edited by SteveC

Though my wife has on many ocassions threatened to cut off my balls off they are still very much firmly attached, and I'll be studiously avoiding the Castro district in San Francisco.....:D

Too much time spent on here arguing with the likes of me? :P