Walter is now the club Chairman

So the role is no more than a figurehead?

Not true either.

It can easily be someone who is assured, confident, willing to make the tough decisions after consideration of the facts.

So one of us could perhaps be a candidate?

If you have the appropriate credentials and reputation then yes. But I doubt they would appoint either of us over Walter - lets not forget that although Rangers is a business it is a FOOTBALL business. Lets not forget that Walter has been involved in Board meetings for a long time in his position as manager.

Walter may not be a businessman but he understands the business of football and has many decades of experience, something neither of us have.

If you have the appropriate credentials and reputation then yes. But I doubt they would appoint either of us over Walter - lets not forget that although Rangers is a business it is a FOOTBALL business. Lets not forget that Walter has been involved in Board meetings for a long time in his position as manager.

Walter may not be a businessman but he understands the business of football and has many decades of experience, something neither of us have.

If that is so important though why don't we see many more clubs appointing ex-managers and players as chairman?

If that is so important though why don't we see many more clubs appointing ex-managers and players as chairman?

Because many of them have Chairman who also have decades of experience inside football, just not as players or managers. Plus, some clubs, as is their prerogative, will look for someone with external business credentials rather than football credentials.

Each to their own.

I`m delighted about this , if a bit surprised he`s accepted the role . It certainly heads off any attempt at a boycott of season tix , quite rightly , as it`s time for DK to make his move now . I certainly don`t want Easdale or Morgan on the board however , nor would DK I suspect . Will leggo be proved right and DK is voted on ? .