We carry a vast Protestant support ... is this a crime?

Guest Geo the Ger

Guest Geo the Ger

Paranoid FC fans will never let up in their attempts to subdue our love

for our club. They've been finding things to criticize about us since I

was a lad. They went on about us not flying an Irish flag, not signing a

Catholic player, singing this, singing that, etc., etc., etc.

Traditionally we have and most likely always will carry a vast

Protestant support - is this a crime in their eyes? Their club, wants

everyone to know of their proud Irish Catholic heritage ... but sadly

to say it's not being reciprocated. Anyway, we survived, never died and title No56 (overall) is coming next.

Is this a WUM?

Most Rangers fans are not (practising) Protestant, most are agnostic/atheist. As for the '56' comment, I can only assume that this comment was made for reaction.

Since we bagged the 3rd division title Geo has always maintained it's 55 and counting.

Is this a WUM?

Most Rangers fans are not (practising) Protestant, most are agnostic/atheist. As for the '56' comment, I can only assume that this comment was made for reaction.

You have no more right to that statement than the man has to his post as you have no evidence to back the statement up. If you don't agree with his post just let it go as it's not offensive. I still personally 'protest' against the teachings of the Catholic church and the hideousness of the Vatican etc (protestant?), which I think are downright dangerous. I have a personal faith but I'm not a practicing Baptist, Anglican, Presbyterian etc as I think most of the churches these days are full of hypocrites, and they are more like cliquish golf clubs than practitioners of the word of Jesus. I've been around a while but I haven't seen any churches with Protestant in their name so I'm not sure what the definition of a practicing Protestant is (other than still protesting against Rome).

Protestantism in Scotland will soon be a thing of the past. It is dying out fast and i mean fast.

Wow - but what does it actually mean other than a throw away comment based on zilch? Define Protestantism.

I doubt more than 5% of rangers fans attend a protestant church regularly

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GS - another figure plucked out of your earhole. Don't bother reading the posts. Just get yourself another mark on the post count. Tell me where you have ever seen a church with the word Protestant in its name (read my last post as I cant be arsed posting it again).

After Luther pinned his 50 odd anti-Rome comments against the door or wall (whatever it was) and he spent many years between churches, was he a non-Protestant in those periods? I had no idea that there was a timeline put on being a protestant against Rome unless you had a church to call your own. When was this cut off point? "Luther, you can continue to protest against Rome, but you and your future generations have until 22nd November 1725 to align yourself to a non-Catholic church, and by the way it's 13:00 as its half day shutting. If you don't join one of the other churches you cant 'protest' against Rome any more. You can be 'agnostic' or 'atheist', baptist, C of E, C of S, even Rangers Chat forum member. But not Protestant! We don't want that word around. It sounds too harsh. Oh and by the way if you decide you don't like the church you are in and you want to join another one we will let you be Protestant between memberships for 2 weeks, unless you are ill, on holiday, have a doctors line, and then you can have 6 weeks between churches. But one day more and you cant call yourself the P word - get it?"