We carry a vast Protestant support ... is this a crime?

Guest Geo the Ger

OT, but was just thinking there, if you had to chart the whole of the UK, I bet you any money that the largest number of people by a long shot who are actually practicing religion are the muslims.

by% it will be baptists.

Not so sure about that mate. There's probably 55 to 60 million people in England and I reckon a large chunk of them are muslim. There must be 10 million muslims in the West Midlands alone! :D

Not so sure about that mate. There's probably 55 to 60 million people in England and I reckon a large chunk of them are muslim. There must be 10 million muslims in the West Midlands alone! :D

oh their are more muslims. but no one claims to be baptist and doesn't go to church.

by % :)

I think if you're mixing up being a Protestant and being a Rangers fan, then you're definitely not a Protestant.

I do find it strange that people say they are of a religion but don't go to church. If you believe in your religion then it's all about your immortal soul, so why wouldn't you spend a fair bit of your time investing in it?

You invest time in work and family which affect your mortal life, but surely it's just a blip in the context of eternity? If you believe in it, why neglect it?

If you don't really believe in it, why say you are of that religion?

I think if you're mixing up being a Protestant and being a Rangers fan, then you're definitely not a Protestant.

I do find it strange that people say they are of a religion but don't go to church. If you believe in your religion then it's all about your immortal soul, so why wouldn't you spend a fair bit of your time investing in it?

You invest time in work and family which affect your mortal life, but surely it's just a blip in the context of eternity? If you believe in it, why neglect it?

spot on calscot.

So now that you have destroyed the popular conception that the Rangers' support is bred from a protestant, loyalist and unionist background why don't you give Kearney a call at the Catholic office and tell him to retire because you have done his job for him. Tell him that he doesn't need to rail against the "proddy" oppressors because all those skewed statistics he spews forth are all wrong, very little of the reported number go to protestant churches so therefore all those sectarian attacks in the statistics can't be used. Tell him to tell his people that it is safe to go and watch a game at Ibrox as those that attend the Rangers' games are really mostly agnostics and atheists. Tell him to tell them that they will be following Scotland's biggest and most successful team along with those in the stadium, as well as millions globally, because the common thread that binds them all is the scintillating football on display. Tell him to tell his readers that the Rangers' support truly believe that the members of the "celtic-minded" cabal of teams and their support who stuck the boot to Rangers last season did so because of a collective sense of "sporting integrity" and not from any sense of religious or political grievance or hatred. Then ask him if he believes it to be true that to first take over a culture you should first take over its institutions.

At the same time tell the world that they are welcome at Ibrox, Rangers really are an all-inclusive club.

Tell them at the same time that they may be exposed to a bunch of enthusiastic patriotic flag wavers, who chant and sing some strange archaic utterances. Non-religious, of course.

When you've done that then you can all resign from the "terminally offended by our background" club.

So now that you have destroyed the popular conception that the Rangers' support is bred from a protestant, loyalist and unionist background why don't you give Kearney a call at the Catholic office and tell him to retire because you have done his job for him. Tell him that he doesn't need to rail against the "proddy" oppressors because all those skewed statistics he spews forth are all wrong, very little of the reported number go to protestant churches so therefore all those sectarian attacks in the statistics can't be used. Tell him to tell his people that it is safe to go and watch a game at Ibrox as those that attend the Rangers' games are really mostly agnostics and atheists. Tell him to tell them that they will be following Scotland's biggest and most successful team along with those in the stadium, as well as millions globally, because the common thread that binds them all is the scintillating football on display. Tell him to tell his readers that the Rangers' support truly believe that the members of the "celtic-minded" cabal of teams and their support who stuck the boot to Rangers last season did so because of a collective sense of "sporting integrity" and not from any sense of religious or political grievance or hatred. Then ask him if he believes it to be true that to first take over a culture you should first take over its institutions.

At the same time tell the world that they are welcome at Ibrox, Rangers really are an all-inclusive club.

Tell them at the same time that they may be exposed to a bunch of enthusiastic patriotic flag wavers, who chant and sing some strange archaic utterances. Non-religious, of course.

When you've done that then you can all resign from the "terminally offended by our background" club.

Absolutely spot on!

5% of the population of England and Wales is Muslim according the the Royal Statistical Society, of which I am a committee member.

nah, not really - I read it in The Independent last week :)

What a load of complete and utter claptrap