Anestis Argyriou Surplus To Requirements

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4499-kal-goes-for-deal

Knew Naismith was for the off, first I knew about Argy.

I think there will be at least a few more as well - perhaps not immediately but certainly by the end of August.

Unfortunately, I can see pay-offs coming for most of them rather than any sort of fee.

Good news. Both passengers and not good enough.

Exactly. Thanks to both Argyriou and Naismith for your contributions on our first step of the journey back to the top last season. Good luck with the rest of your careers.

Must admit to having a bit of sympathy for Naismith. He was getting played wide right at times last season and you could see it wasn't his position. Good to see him start well at Accrington Stanley. Hope this doesn't come back to haunt McCoist in the near future.

from what i hear naismith is getting his full 2 year contract paid up.

Was really bizarre giving the lad a new contract when we must have known we wouldn't be keeping him.

Lots of strange contract decisions which may be compounded when we try to get rid of guys like Cribari, Argyriou and others over the next month or so.