Anestis Argyriou Surplus To Requirements

After some bright sparks, Naismith was a real let-down since signing that deal. Methinks I read somewhere that he wasn't that great off the park either, but anyway.

As I said in another thread, I do assume that some others will probably get a loan deal too, Crawford, Mitchell, and Gasparotto spring to mind. They will be second if not third or fourth fiddle - if all remain fit - and that would stop their progress. Argyriou was a certain goer after Foster arrived and Mitchell showed real promise. Not sure whether we'll keep Faure, whom we rarely played as the CH he is.

I'm not surprised, but definitely a little bit baffled by this news. I thought last season Argyriou was really affected by not getting a solid, long run of games. I also thought that while he looked very iffy at times, he also looked very good at others, so it was hard to make an informed decision as to whether or not he was "good enough".

One thing I will say, is that I don't think Foster is much of a step up in quality if he even is a step up at all.

I'm not surprised, but definitely a little bit baffled by this news. I thought last season Argyriou was really affected by not getting a solid, long run of games. I also thought that while he looked very iffy at times, he also looked very good at others, so it was hard to make an informed decision as to whether or not he was "good enough".

One thing I will say, is that I don't think Foster is much of a step up in quality if he even is a step up at all.

Foster is a dreadful footballer but he has a Scottish hard working mentality which our club seem to demand and he also knows what is required or rather expected to play for us.

Guest GrahamHancock1690

It's simple.. They aren't anywhere near good enough for the squad. Passengers! Good news.

WE are the people No surrender

I quite liked Argyriou for some reason and it's a shame he never really got a good run of games to show his worth. However, usually that's not because a manager doesn't like a player or whatever, just that he's not good enough.

I don't think Foster is much better and I guess the only thing he brings is versatility for either side of the park. I'm still surprised at his and Smith's signings. One or the other but not both.