Anestis Argyriou Surplus To Requirements

I quite liked Argyriou for some reason and it's a shame he never really got a good run of games to show his worth. However, usually that's not because a manager doesn't like a player or whatever, just that he's not good enough.

I don't think Foster is much better and I guess the only thing he brings is versatility for either side of the park. I'm still surprised at his and Smith's signings. One or the other but not both.

I reckon Smith will be on very little and Ally saw it as a cheap option to add Depth.

I reckon Smith will be on very little and Ally saw it as a cheap option to add Depth.

To be fair to Ally we arguably did need another deputy left back as I don't know of any genuine cover there.

Foster may have given that so not sure why we opted for him and Smith.

To be fair to Ally we arguably did need another deputy left back as I don't know of any genuine cover there.

Foster may have given that so not sure why we opted for him and Smith.

Easy option, no scouting involved.

True but one or the other rather than both is the point I'm making. Doesn't make sense to me...

As I said earlier - Smith was probably too cheap an option to turn down.

He provides cover for the whole left side, where as foster will cover the right. I expect we will see the likes of Cole heading out on loan this year.

I quite liked Argyriou for some reason and it's a shame he never really got a good run of games to show his worth. However, usually that's not because a manager doesn't like a player or whatever, just that he's not good enough.

I don't think Foster is much better and I guess the only thing he brings is versatility for either side of the park. I'm still surprised at his and Smith's signings. One or the other but not both.

Strange player is argy cant pass 5 feet but us actually an ok maybe even decent crosser of a ball. Anyway I though he was toyally useless all things considered.

wishing you long days and plesant nights.

After some bright sparks, Naismith was a real let-down since signing that deal. Methinks I read somewhere that he wasn't that great off the park either, but anyway.

As I said in another thread, I do assume that some others will probably get a loan deal too, Crawford, Mitchell, and Gasparotto spring to mind. They will be second if not third or fourth fiddle - if all remain fit - and that would stop their progress. Argyriou was a certain goer after Foster arrived and Mitchell showed real promise. Not sure whether we'll keep Faure, whom we rarely played as the CH he is.

Mitchell is injured - he rolled his ankle last week in pre-season training at Brora. Our kids team from Bermuda are being coached by RFC coaches this week and we had a game against Rangers Elite community team last night at Murray Park. Andy Mitchell very generously gave of his time to answer any questions the kids had. He comes across as a very genuine, good lad. I had the chance to speak to him for a few minutes and he absolutely loves being at Rangers.

Thankfully his injury is minor and should only be out for another week. The lad is working very hard on getting fit as he is desperate to get a spot in the first team.

He also spoke about the new strength and conditioning coach, Jim Henry.... as posted already he said that Henry is "old school" and that the boys are already seeing significant fitness improvements.

In case anyone is interested (doubtful) our Bermuda kids team beat the Rangers community team 13-6. Decent game and the RFC youngsters knocked the ball around well - they had a little girl playing for them who was at least a year younger than everyone else - and she was a cracking wee player.

Mitchell is injured - he rolled his ankle last week in pre-season training at Brora. Our kids team from Bermuda are being coached by RFC coaches this week and we had a game against Rangers Elite community team last night at Murray Park. Andy Mitchell very generously gave of his time to answer any questions the kids had. He comes across as a very genuine, good lad. I had the chance to speak to him for a few minutes and he absolutely loves being at Rangers.

Thankfully his injury is minor and should only be out for another week. The lad is working very hard on getting fit as he is desperate to get a spot in the first team.

He also spoke about the new strength and conditioning coach, Jim Henry.... as posted already he said that Henry is "old school" and that the boys are already seeing significant fitness improvements.

In case anyone is interested (doubtful) our Bermuda kids team beat the Rangers community team 13-6. Decent game and the RFC youngsters knocked the ball around well - they had a little girl playing for them who was at least a year younger than everyone else - and she was a cracking wee player.

That is magnificent craig. I should think about relocating to Bermuda for the occasional Rangers player run- in. ;)

he put in some really fine performances at rb and lb at the end of last season.

perhaps we can loan him out as smith and foster are bound to stifle his chances.