Maybe Mather is starting to earn his new salary by sticking to the budget ...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/416721/Boris-Pandza-drops-wage-demand-to-secure-Rangers-contract

Boris Pandza drops wage demand to secure Rangers contract

RANGERS are ready to seal a deal for Boris Pandza.

By: Scott BurnsPublished: Tue, July 23, 2013

Pandza has dropped his wage demands by £2,000 a week .

Express Sport understands the Bosnian international is on the verge of agreeing a three-year deal.

A breakthrough has been found after Pandza agreed to drop his initial demands by almost £2,000 a week.

The out-of-contract Mechelen defender will take the cut in the short-term but will make up his money in the final year of his contract when Rangers are expected to return to the Scottish Premier League.

Pandza agreed to drop his initial demands by almost £2,000 a week

The news will be a relief to manager Ally McCoist, who has made Pandza his top defensive target.

McCoist is, however, still hoping to add a goalkeeper to his squad.

Pity a deal couldn't have been agreed with Alexander to stay on.

Is Gordon still training with the club?

I doubt we could afford nor should we pay whatever it would have cost to keep Alexander, just to sit on a bench.

Gordon went to Spain last week for injections on his injury and declared this his last chance, we have heard nothing since. Best of luck to the boy.

I doubt we could afford nor should we pay whatever it would have cost to keep Alexander, just to sit on a bench.

Gordon went to Spain last week for injections on his injury and declared this his last chance, we have heard nothing since. Best of luck to the boy.

Its a pity both parties couldn't have came to an agreement though. Alexander should have lowered his demands realising he was now 35, although can see his point at knowing a new no.1 was coming in. But I can never understand why packages cant be agreed with more add ons for appearances and in keepers cases - clean sheets. High basics is a fundamental problem with footballers these days. If they had more incentives you can bet they would be trying 50% more in training and on the park, but its too easy to pick up fat weekly salaries.

Agree RE Gordon. Hope he can get his career back on track. Such a quality keeper on his day. Felt he took the wrong move to Sunderland at that time when he had the option of Villa. As good as Scots have done down south keepers haven't really clicked, perhaps that's why McGregor could only lure the interest of Hull when most Bears would agree he could walk into most clubs in the Premier League should he perform to his capabilities.

I hope if Pandza signs it doesn't mean interest in Moshni is dropped. By all accounts Moshni has been very good in pre season games but with Cribari, Hegarty, Perry, Faure and Jig all able to play centre half I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we signed both.

Our natural centre halfs roster by now reads: Cribari, Perry, Hegarty, Faure, Gasparotto, McAusland. To that you can add Daly and McCulloch, in dire need Wallace too. I would assume that Hegarty and Gasparotto will be loaned, Faure possibly freed, if we sign Pandza and Mohsni. Perry got the "lucky break", as he IMHO has no future at Ibrox either.